jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

wow I got alot of blue triangles...

1. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 8 years ago

What are some ideas on turning them into red ones?

1. profile image43
      badcompany99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Re-edit them, change Titles, add new content, pics, videos etc. Works for me smile

2. kmackey32 profile image64

ok will do. smile

1. profile image43

I re-edited 10 and 6 at this precise moment have red traingles, tis a fact !

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
        Davinagirl3posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I did the same.  It worked for me, too.

3. profile image43
    badcompany99posted 8 years ago

Oh plus make sure you have good tags as well, my earlier tags were useless because I was new and didn't have a clue !

4. kmackey32 profile image64

ok but how do I know if they are good tags?

1. profile image43

I get mine by typing in my main word into this and then using the best 15 tags from the results.

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

1. profile image0
        Janettaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

such a savvy pirate he is wink

1. profile image43

Such a sassy saucy Starlett she is smile

1. profile image0
            Janettaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

ooohhh...I like it wink

2. fritteritter profile image93
      fritteritterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I judge the quality of a tag by looking at what it's going to link to. It's going to end up as a link to a list of hubs, so I just follow a few steps to choose good keywords:

1. Choose about 15 keywords that describe my hub at varying magnitudes... from something specific like "hubpages rss" to something general like "internet".

2. Go to the hubpages lists for those tags: http://hubpages.com/tag/InsertTagHere/hot - this is the page that the tags links on your hub will point to. If there's nothing there it's probably not a good tag, and if what's there is totally irrelevant to your hub it's not a good tag (you might write a tag about organic livestock feeds while the tag page for "feeds" only shows information about promoting your web site with RSS Feeds smile).

3. Weed out or change the bad tags (unless it's a critical niche topic for your hub that no one has written about yet) - usually it's a matter of finding synonyms and changing the pluralization to find tags with more hubs. The Related Tags cloud next to the search will give suggestions for hotter tags.

4. Stick to about 8 to 10 tags. If you have written on the topic previously, be sure to include some of the same tags because if you do well in a topic you can appear in that tag's "Top Hubbers" list.

Your hub has a chance to appear in the hot/best/latest lists for the tags that you choose which could get you more readers. However, if you're the only hub linking to that tag page and therefore the only result it's pretty meaningless unless it's a niche word that your readers would search.

Also, the hot/latest/best lists for popular tags are probably syndicated elsewhere as well so you might get some links outside of HP.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you help you or your readers in any way by using long or peculiar tags that no one else would use.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image79
        Eaglekiwiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Great advice ,thankyou.
        I seem to have red triangles ( for a change) but made 3c ,so go figure , I made just as much when they were blue...sometimes be better if we had no triangles  lol

5. kmackey32 profile image64

yes he is.. smile

6. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 8 years ago

I had a blue triangle yesterday & this morning, but its gone now & I did nothing.  Thanks for the idea of editing & adding pictures.  Off to ponder what I can do!

7. profile image0
    Miss Takeposted 8 years ago

get a red felt tip and colour them in

1. Eaglekiwi profile image79
      Eaglekiwiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

lol
      funny thing about that funny

someone will try lol

2. yoshi97 profile image73
      yoshi97posted 8 years agoin reply to this

How do I get red felt marker off of my LCD screen? smile

1. fritteritter profile image93
        fritteritterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

tongue + finger? Hmm otherwise maybe I can write copy-paste script to clean it? wink

working