jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which do you think comes first? Write for the love of writing and money becomes

1. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Which do you think comes first?  Write for the love of writing and money becomes secondary or....

money is the motivation to write in Hubpages?

2. mainstreetcm profile image59
    mainstreetcmposted 7 years ago

I think there are two breeds of cats. There are those who utilize Hubpages to send backlinks to their sites and make money. Then there are those who write on Hubpages because they want to help people, or share their story.

It's two different things for two very different people.

3. thooghun profile image83
    thooghunposted 7 years ago

With all respect Mainstreetcm, I do both, simply because I do love writing. I can't picture myself doing anything else in life, and so if I have to monetize, it might as well be accomplished with writing.

You are correct in that some people ONLY care about the "juice" and others care nothing for profits. But there are others, like me, who are stuck between both worlds and juggle the cakes as well as they can wink

4. kennynext profile image72
    kennynextposted 7 years ago

Writing should continue if you love it, even though you never make any money. If it makes you happy to write, it's worth more than money. You can not put a value on being happy.

5. yvens profile image61
    yvensposted 7 years ago

I agree with mainstreetcm, some of us are here just for pure enjoyment of writing and helping, while  others are making or trying to make some extra income; not that there is anything wrong with that but, to answer your question if I really understood it.
    I think the love of writing would have come first and then the monetary side of things would just fall into place with time.
    We all have bills and desires so, the love of doing anything at all can turn into a extra curriculum activity or even a very lucrative career.

6. sofs profile image80
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Yep! THe love of writing can keep you here longer than if you are here for money. I'm just afew days old on hubpages and am pretty addicted. The environment is condusive to learning and working. I am enjoying this place. Im sure you do too! Happy hubbing!