jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you really get benefits from HubPages ?

1. gettoiwan profile image56
    gettoiwanposted 7 years ago

Do you really get benefits from HubPages ?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

This is a very broad question: Do you really get benefits from Hubpages?

I'd say you do.  The negative side is information overload.  Everyone wants to write.  Not so many want to read, that is read thoroughly.   And I must admit I fall into that category much of the time.  So much print, so little really beneficial information. 

So, for the positives.  You get practice at writing.  You are able to get things off your chest; pose questions and, in all probablility gain useful answers.   Also, providing you're reasonably selective, you can team up with others who are on your 'wavelength' as far as particular topics are concerned.

If you're talking about making money from Hubpages, I'd have to admit I know virtually nothing about that.  But from what I'm being led to believe, there's an awful lot of competition.   I doubt you could make a lot out of it.  But I could be wrong.

3. nettech profile image61
    nettechposted 7 years ago

Financially as in from affiliate and AdSense clicks? - Yes, but this depends on how compelling your content is.  If it has good SEO and shows up well in the SERPS and also other hubbers fund it useful then you may generate some clicks and affiliate commissions.

Does it help in terms of backlinks to your site? - If your overall Profile Hubscore is over 75 then links to outgoing sites become dofollow so there is a direct benefit to your SEO efforts.  If your individual hub has a score of over 50 (I think) then these will also be dofollow.

LIke Tusitala said, there is a benefit in terms of gaining experience in writing.

HTH and good luck with your endeavours.

Zaheer

4. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Good Day qettoiwan

I absolutely gain benefits from HubPages! I fully endorse the remarks of Tulsitala Tom, whose answer I voted up. As for making money, I am equally in the dark. Just don't think about quitting your day job anytime soon.

But if you use HubPages as an opportunity to improve your writing and exchange in the free and fair exchange of ideas and information, you will find real fulfillment here. I love the feedback I get and the lively exchanges with other hubbers I occasionally find myself in, in the forums and even in the comment section of hubs.

I recently concluded a very spirited back and forth with a hubber, dawnM, who had done me the honor of 'following me.' I can't speak for her, but I am the better for it. I've always been a pretty fair writer but I've gotten a lot better since joining this web site. I'm slowly learning how to jazz up the presentation of my hubs with pictures -- and maybe I'll get a hang of that embedding video thing.

As you can probably tell from the length of my response, I find HubPages a lot of fun, and somewhat addicting!

Take care.

working