jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

First page on google search - kinda cool?

1. Mom Kat profile image78
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

First page on google search - kinda cool?

I put in the title of one of my hubs into the google search engine and I came up #1 on the list of the first page.
    It isn't something most people would type in, but hey, it's something.
    Has anyone else tried this?

2. C.A. Johnson profile image70
    C.A. Johnsonposted 7 years ago

Yes, I've tried it. I come up first a lot on Google when I type in exact article names. Sometimes I get lucky an come up first by subject content.

It's very cool, especially if it is something I did several years ago.

3. ijocelynvc profile image61
    ijocelynvcposted 7 years ago

I've also tried this one. Once crawled by the googlebots, and you type your exact title in the search engine there were times that your hub will be the number one. And it's very cool! smile

4. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 7 years ago

Yes some of mine have been on the first page also.

5. Sullen91 profile image79
    Sullen91posted 7 years ago

It would be more rousing if you mentioned the title. Generally, when the title is not generic, posting the exact title will get you a link on the first page in Google.

6. Small town fella profile image68
    Small town fellaposted 7 years ago

Only when I type my exact hub name have I seen my hub reach the first page.  I am hoping soon though that one of my hubs may reach that first page on its own.

7. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

Google generally looks for the most exact answer - so if you type in "How to weed blue grass" and you've written a hub with that exact name it will come up. However it probably won't be number one under "Weeding blue grass."

Basically - ranking number one for a term that no one searches isn't going to do a lot of good.

8. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Congratulations Mom Kat! That must have been exciting for you. Its both exhilirating and a little humbling, isn't it. I bet it feels like this online writing, HubPages thing is actually real, doesn't it?

Like I tell people, even more than collecting the Adsense checks, you want to make sure you're putting heart and soul into everything you write here, because you never know whose reading your work. You never know what it can lead to....

But again, congrats on making the first page of Google. Good for you!

Closed to reply

working