jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do I connect an affiliate link to an article?

1. Dorothee-Gy profile image68
    Dorothee-Gyposted 7 years ago

How do I connect an affiliate link to an article?

There are a few things I'd like to write about because I really like the stuff and if anyone would decide to buy them because of what I wrote (hypothetically) I'd like to have an affiliate link to the specific firm next to my article. How does that work (I'm sure, I could read all forums and anwers and might find it out there, but I'd just like to cut this chase short...).

2. Sullen91 profile image78
    Sullen91posted 7 years ago

An affiliate link means something particular on this site. If you want to post a link to a site, select the capsule named links. If you want to place amazon products, select the amazon capsule.

3. Dorothee-Gy profile image68
    Dorothee-Gyposted 7 years ago

So I can combine Hubpages with all kinds of individual affiliate programs? Let's say I'd want to write about travel gears, I could sign up for their affiliate programs and then link there and when people follow the link and buy, I'd get the commission? (Sorry, this might be a total no-brainer question for many of you, but as a newbie, every step is a discovery!)

4. David Stone profile image72
    David Stoneposted 7 years ago

Dorothee, you need to sign up with them first. Go to the affiliate links at the top of the page and set up whichever ones you want to try. You will have to apply. Most of us to Amazon and Google Ads, and with your experience you should qualify for both. The affiliate links with take you step by step.

Good luck with it. Make some dough!

5. wvierra profile image59
    wvierraposted 7 years ago

Dorothee-Gy

what Sullen91 is right, however there is a more productive way to go about this that could deliver better results. While in your text hub, and if you are in mentioning the product or service, whatever the case may be. you can highlight the text word that you want to have anchored to your affiliate link and then just click that little chain icon within the text module and past your link there and click save. once your done with the text module you will see it anchored in your text of the article.
    Hope This Helps

W.Vierra

6. profile image52
    ednicheposted 7 years ago

Hi Dorothee,

If you you have your own blog or website, you can use a free affiliate software like 'skaDoogle' to easily create an article that will instantly link any keyword of your choice to your affiliate products.

All the best.

Eddie

working