jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Help with affiliate link within text capsule...

1. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

How do I place my own Amazon affiliate link into a text capsule?  I should know by now how to do this, but I don't and I had no idea that I would get 100% of the commission by doing so!

1. Mutiny92 profile image84
      Mutiny92posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lily, I take the link from Amazon (with my affiliate number included) and add it as a hyperlink.

If I were interested in linking "blue widgets" in my text box, highlight the words "blue widgets" and click the hyperlink button.  Paste in the amazon link and hit save.

Hope that helps.

Just make sure you have the amazon associates number in the url.  I keep the amazon associates banner at the top of the amazon page and the button on the far left hand side says "link to this page."  That brings up the url for the product with your referral built in.

2. Lily Rose profile image83

Okay, now I feel stupid...didn't realize it was that easy! Thanks, Mutiny!

3. WoodsmensPost profile image55
    WoodsmensPostposted 6 years ago

Thanks for bringing up the question Lily because until Paul mentioned it in the other thread I wasn't aware of the share opportunity either. smile

Thanks Mutiny for clarification smile

4. Lily Rose profile image83

Mutiny....just to clarify, when you hyperlink, you use the html code for the product (which is what's provided when you click "link to this page")?

I typically strip out the image piece of it and just copy the html code for the product itself (since I am prone to 'oopses' I will go back and make sure it works.

1. Lily Rose profile image83
        Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I really am clueless when it comes to html and working with it, so not sure if I can actually do this now...

5. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

I think though that if you take this route, you are restricted by the no more than two links to a web site rule? If yes, it means you could not do this if you wanted to feature more than two products. Can someone clarify?

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes. It would be treated like any other commercial link.

2. Lily Rose profile image83
      Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're right - thanks for pointing that out!

6. Mutiny92 profile image84
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago via iphone

Lily, I am on the road today, but I will send you a note when I get home tonight. It is easy to do once you know what to look for. You won't have any troubles.

7. Lily Rose profile image83

Thanks! I'll be on the lookout for the email...

working