jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can you recall how your numbers (views, followers) developed from your start?

1. Dorothee-Gy profile image70
    Dorothee-Gyposted 7 years ago

Can you recall how your numbers (views, followers) developed from your start?

What would you call a healthy growth rate?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

As no two people write the same way, nor do they write on the same topics or do the same promotion, to try and use another's growth stats to compare against your own seems a flawed comparison.  Especially as HubPages too changes over time. 

For example, when I first started, it was just over four years ago.  The site was still in beta phase (being tested), there was no user forum, half the capsules we have now didn't exist, the follower feature was a few years from being invented, and the website on the whole had zero reputation.

How does that compare to when you started on this site just a month ago?

3. Spider Girl profile image74
    Spider Girlposted 7 years ago

My start here was kind of non-serious one and I had never actually learnt how the things work over here. So, with 1-3 hubs I had no follower for around 8-9 months and rare page views! Luckily I now have over 20 followers with just 9 hubs but I've learnt the things working here. I now am simply addicted to Hubpages and its people!

4. wvierra profile image61
    wvierraposted 7 years ago

Ha! Ha! Spider Girl,
    that sound a lot like me, I started 9 months ago and I only written 1 hub and gain I think 2 followers, however I didn't comeback and write another hub for 7 months so I lost my following. I didn't start really writing until these past two months and plan on staying at it from here on. I now have a nice following because I now take my writing seriously.

5. mahadevank profile image69
    mahadevankposted 7 years ago

I've had a great start so far...I think the key to starting well is to consistently write interesting articles.

I think I'm doing pretty good, and I'm currently not so focussed even on backlinking, SEO or whatever...but I can see my hubscore and karma going up consistently, and my articles never stay below a ranking of 60 for long.

Its nice and very encouraging...I'm getting a very nice feeling about hubpages, and will definitely continue to contribute!