jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do I report a harrassing hubber to hubpages team?

1. valeriebelew profile image71
    valeriebelewposted 7 years ago

How do I report a harrassing hubber to hubpages team?

A hubber was offended by one of my hubs earlier today.  He or she left an insultng comment, and apparently put a link to my site somewhere with some negative dialogue that is causing angry people to visit the hub and leave angry comments.

2. Sky321 profile image74
    Sky321posted 7 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/51520
    This is where she was personally attacking you and your character. I flagged it.

3. NoRR4Me profile image81
    NoRR4Meposted 7 years ago

I saw a thread in the forums that someone started about you. Another hubber told her she should not post any personal attacks on the forums and that she had reported the incident. The person then said she didn't care if she was reported or not.

Hopefully someone with HubPages staff will pull that forum thread.

I know how you feel. I have a "hater" trolling and following me for a hub I wrote in which they disagree with me about also. I can not block this person from following me, constantly voting down my hubs, etc. I wonder what has to happen before HubPages staff does something about this kind of harassment.

Anyway, I hope something is done to stop this individual from bothering you. It's ridiculous.

4. nicregi profile image76
    nicregiposted 7 years ago

Use the report function and edit your comment setting. That would do the trick.

5. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 7 years ago

valeriebelew
    You can "flag" the comment as "SPAM" , copy the name of the hubber from their comment, and email the HUB at the following
    http://hubpages.com/contact_us/  and on that page select " Other" a window opens and then report your "abuse" there.

Also make sure before commenting, that the person leaving comments is a "HUB PAGES" member.. Sometimes there are spurious commentators that leave nasty comments yet not Hubbers.

Adjust comment settings "Comments must be approved before they appear" and "Only signed-in users may post comments ", this avoids non hubbers getting to you.
    Hope this helps

working