jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

My Hub has been copied but the person that copied it kept all of the links that

1. ZarkoZivkovic profile image76
    ZarkoZivkovicposted 7 years ago

My Hub has been copied but the person that copied it kept all of the links that were in the Hub....

Since this is not an article directory and syndication is not allowed should I ask him to remove the Hub from his blog since it might be considered as duplicate content?

2. sofs profile image80
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Please report this directly to the HP admin. Read the forums if it is the same person mentioned in the thread .. this publisher is banned and none of his so called works are published anymore.
    this is the recent activity on this problem!

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The HubPages admin can only take actions if the copied content is on HubPages.  You will have to file complaints about content copied elsewhere with whomever runs the site where the stolen content appears.

4. ZarkoZivkovic profile image76
    ZarkoZivkovicposted 7 years ago

Yeah, I know that I'm not suppose to bother admin about my Hub being copied on another site, ans Sofs, I can't fin the tread you mentioned!

Relache, I did file a complaint at the site, hope they remove the blog post soon. It's different with article syndication, this is just plain stealing!

5. wmspringer profile image60
    wmspringerposted 7 years ago

I believe you can send a DMCA request to the host for the website and have it taken down.

6. the clean life profile image80
    the clean lifeposted 7 years ago

I agree, report it to the admin. and see if they can find out who stole your content and remove the whole blog and remove them from our family of Hubbers!  That is so wrong and I don't blame you for being upset. I had that done in one of my articles from another site and they took all links out and changed  the content around. I found it by mistake when searching through Google. Believe me I know my writing and style, but I was told nothing I could do about it. I even filled out their form and mentioned that what they had written was mine! No response from them. Hope everything works out for your.

7. vagabund profile image55
    vagabundposted 7 years ago

Every time you write the hub make sure you have copyright sign included. If someone copy your work repost it immediately. I'll be very upset if any of work is used without written premissions.

working