jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you are voted down in an answer, does that affect your author score?

1. Sweetsusieg profile image85
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

If you are voted down in an answer, does that affect your author score?

I have noticed that my author score has went down a few notches, it seems to coincide when I have answered a question and someone doesn't like the answer I have provided and votes it down.  Is this just coincidence?

2. sugz profile image71
    sugzposted 7 years ago

prbably coincidence, hasn't affected mine an i've had a couple voted down too, but i'm not sure if it depends on how much you're voted down per answer. none of my scores have been effected.
    try writing more hubs to accomodate? my scores keep rising an so does my hub karma, no idea how that works either but its now on 36 LOL

3. sammyfiction profile image61
    sammyfictionposted 7 years ago

I think it is just a coincidence. Your hubscore is based on your hubs and your participation in other peoples hubs. Over time hubs loose their score as they are viewed less, as the newer hubs are viewed more.
    In answer to sugz; hubkarma is a score relating back to the amount of times and the quality of the hubs you link to your own through the suggestion tool when you complete a hub. And hubkarma has a little correlation/influence to your actual hubscore. They are usually about the same give or take 10. smile

Hope it helps!!

4. chasemillis profile image68
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

that's a good question because I had the same "coincidence"