jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The call-girl spammers. Should HP block the use of the term Call-girl or anythin

1. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

The call-girl spammers. Should HP block the use of the term Call-girl or anything like it?

I have noticed that we're all getting pretty peeved with flagging these jokers, so should HP block the terms associated with it like they have blocked the use of certain words an phrases in questions.

I have asked the question in a poll and would be interested in knowing how many feel this is the way to stop them

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

It might work, until they find a new way of putting it, I thought about it a while ago, the main problem would be where hubbers writing, say, a story or an article that has a valid reason for the phrase, it would block them.  I still think that what I wrote the other day about earning your place on here, 3 months, 3 acceptable hubs and a corner score no less than 50, then ban them if they post call-girl stuff after the earning process?

3. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

No, too many ways of getting around it, and there could be legitimate uses of the word (or similar).

What is needed is for Hub staff to promptly pay attention to flags.

It's like graffiti -- they need to stay on top of it.

4. Choke Frantic profile image78
    Choke Franticposted 7 years ago

It's hard to effectively control anything online, but I agree with dabeaner.

5. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

the spam is getting a little out of hand. I'm not a computer wiz. so I'm not sure what can be done, but I think we would all be a lot happier if there was less or no spam on hubpages.

Closed to reply