jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

I'm pretty new to hubpages, I was just wondering is it okay to write hubs about

1. Kadie* profile image60
    Kadie*posted 7 years ago

I'm pretty new to hubpages, I was just wondering is it okay to write hubs about various subjects

i have many interest and many things to add my two cents about.  do you stick to one type of topic? (ie. I started writing home decorating tips because of my job but I want to do other topics more personal to me) but want to maintain followers

2. wytegarillaz profile image75
    wytegarillazposted 7 years ago

Hi ! If you see my hubs you will notice the varied topics , it makes it interesting that way so get writing & I will follow you to see what you do.
    Kris

3. sofs profile image81
    sofsposted 7 years ago

No, you can write on varied topics, but make sure they are interesting to your readers. Very personal stuff may not get you a large readership. You could write on what ever you are passionate about, for that's what  brings out the best in you.
    Read a few hubs and that will give you some understanding of what works well! Welcome to HP and best wishes!

4. CBM1987 profile image68
    CBM1987posted 7 years ago

I do and yeah I write personal stuff! Poetry, Serious shorts, and the occassion mishap in my own life. Though i'll admit I haven't had a lot of traffic yet. Partly because I'm shy to show my myspace ,twitter, and facebook these links. Partly because I haven't learned other ways to traffic ^^ !
    All in all I enjoy it though its a late night hobby with some passion wink

5. profile image0
    fikiswaposted 7 years ago

Yes, its perfectly Okay. Any topic is welcome.

6. tinyteddy profile image60
    tinyteddyposted 7 years ago

hi there
    depends on what you want to write
    write t legibly and learly
    let it be useful than an opinion
    no racial religious isues
    no self promotion
    no obscene hubs
    let it be precise practical and entertaining

7. SteveoMc profile image73
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

You may write on any topic.   There are some forbidden topics relating to adult content, etc., according to TOS.   Your best bet as a beginner is to write what you are interested in.  Content is the most important consideration to start with.  Over time you can work on other aspects of writing.

Welcome to hubpages, sometimes you may want to ask this type of question in the forums, where there is lots of helpful information.

8. Kadie* profile image60
    Kadie*posted 7 years ago

Hi,

thank you for answering. When I said personal I
    meant other than decorating ideas which I do
    mostly because of work. I just thought it would conflict
    on people who decide to follow me

working