jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can I become very active in hubpages forum and avoid the shambles involved

1. sir_tallest profile image64
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

How can I become very active in hubpages forum and avoid the shambles involved

2. Maddie Ruud profile image78
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

I wrote a post for the official HubPages blog about this last May.  You can find it here: http://blog.hubpages.com/2010/05/the-hu … val-guide/

3. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 7 years ago

Have fun and lighten up, if you don't want to be involved don't go on the forums. They really are meant to be a light break from writing and a way to 'meet' fellow hubbers.

If you do become involved in a "shambles" stop answering if you feel you are not getting anywhere and avoid the forum for awhile.

4. jdomingo profile image61
    jdomingoposted 7 years ago

don't think that's possible because some one will always find offense in what another says.  So just go and be active don't worry about being in shambles just be active.

5. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Good Day sir tallest

You might try starting your own discussion threads in the forums for a while and keeping a tight reign on the tenor of the discussion. What I mean is this -- it seems to me that whoever starts the thread is responsible for setting the tone. You, as the originator of the thread or forum "host," as I sometimes think of the person who originates the thread, should set a positive tone and perhaps the participants will follow suit.

That's the theory, anyway. I prefer this Q & A section myself. I think its a lot more fun!! I don't forum as much as I used to when I first joined HubPages four months ago.

Something else you might consider: if there is a question being taken up in a forum that interests you, and you find the alleged "discussion" has deteriorated, as it usually does (particularly in the politics and religion and philosophy forums), simply write a long hub about it yourself and carefully examine the issue from various angles. Make it good and pretty with nice pictures and a video or two (if appropriate) and you may attract a lot of thoughtful comments; and you may find that you can have much more satisfying and intellectually stimulating discussions in the comment section of your hub(s), as a see several hubbers do.

Good Luck!

working