jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How do you get your traffic?

1. cblack profile image66
    cblackposted 7 years ago

How do you get your traffic?

I noticed you have a great deal of traffic on your hubs. I am at 33 hubs and hope to have 100 by Thanksgiving but I am only getting about 40-50 views per day total for all my hubs. Social bookmarking sites have proven useless for me so far. Do you practice backlinking or did that much traffic just start snowballing once you made more hubs? Where does most of your traffic come from? Any help is appreciated!

2. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

Most of my traffic comes from google, and obviously hubpages itself, i get alot of traffic from stumble upon aswel so thats worth signing up to. It is worth updating your add words and customizing your other sites too, as if you are just using other sites to link your hubs then it will not generate much traffic, you need to add friends on your other sites and make your pages look appealing to your readers. Have you tried writting about products that sell on Amazon? and linking Amazon to your pages? hope this helps a little smile

3. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 7 years ago

I'm finding that articles are a great tool to drive traffic. Do a hub on a broad topic that leaves room to go back and write articles about aspects you didn't get in depth on the hub about. On the bottom of each article you leave a short bio about yourself and a link back to the hub the article pertains to.Then you link the article to social bookmarking sites and directories in the same manner as you would do the hub. All of the article sites have an in site search for articles pertaining to keywords searched for and if you write good quality material they will feel more inclined to click the link to your original hub. The added bonus of this being that the articles themselves will also show up on google searches and the likes. Exposure is the key to traffic in my opinion,and the more creative you get with exposure the more traffic you will get. While no expert in this field by no means, I was planning to do my first hub along the subject soon from the viewpoint of a beginner to be easily understood from other beginners. I'm going to stop now because I feel like i could write 1000 words more easily on the subject,hope this helps.smile

4. ofek profile image61
    ofekposted 7 years ago

Stumble your hubs, it's easy & free and can brings sometimes traffic. http://www.stumbleupon.com

5. susantoandre26 profile image54
    susantoandre26posted 7 years ago

Facebook and twitter have you try ? Also you can spread link by email to your friends.

6. Webskitzo profile image58
    Webskitzoposted 7 years ago

Lots of different ways...I'm still building my hubpage traffic up but I wrote a hub on some methods i use:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Generate-Traffic-Online

7. PMS9 profile image72
    PMS9posted 7 years ago

Maximum traffic flow from Hubpages itself only to my hubs, else around 25 to 30 % traffic comes from Google and other sources.

8. Glemoh101 profile image50
    Glemoh101posted 7 years ago

Article directories is the best ever source of good traffic and backlinks.
    Like:
    EzineArticles.com
    GoArticles.com
    ArticlesBase.com

9. Torch Harrison profile image84
    Torch Harrisonposted 6 years ago

I social network them to highly specialized groups and in one case, have a connected ongoing blog about the topic to generate interest.  Works for me!

10. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

100% referring sites for my 1st article that is of excellent quality content that took them 2 months to find it of which they did found it on August 2010 A.D. and as of June 3, 2011 A.D. I now have 3 articles: 1st article: 59 30 days views and 1661 ever total; 2nd article: 501 30 days views and 1032 ever total; 3rd article: 288 30 days views and 288 ever total. Grand total for all 3 articles is 2981 and rising steadily up, up, up and away. I have hit an grand slam home run with my 3 articles through 100 percent referring sites traffic from around the world in 8 countries and 11 cities. 1st article: 65 hub score, 2nd article: 74 hub score, 3rd article: 78 hub score as of June 3, 2011 A.D. which is my 1 year anniversary of joining hubpages on June 3, 2010 A.D.

11. profile image53
    churnerposted 5 years ago

I've heard of people who sell traffic from articles that already enjoy good traffic. You forward a link to your hub to be placed in such articles for a fee. I've not yet tried it yet because am still a newbie here so i would love to know what the veterans have to say about it

working