How do you get your traffic?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. cblack profile image56
    cblackposted 13 years ago

How do you get your traffic?

I noticed you have a great deal of traffic on your hubs. I am at 33 hubs and hope to have 100 by Thanksgiving but I am only getting about 40-50 views per day total for all my hubs. Social bookmarking sites have proven useless for me so far. Do you practice backlinking or did that much traffic just start snowballing once you made more hubs? Where does most of your traffic come from? Any help is appreciated!

2. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 13 years ago

Most of my traffic comes from google, and obviously hubpages itself, i get alot of traffic from stumble upon aswel so thats worth signing up to. It is worth updating your add words and customizing your other sites too, as if you are just using other sites to link your hubs then it will not generate much traffic, you need to add friends on your other sites and make your pages look appealing to your readers. Have you tried writting about products that sell on Amazon? and linking Amazon to your pages? hope this helps a little smile

3. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 13 years ago

I'm finding that articles are a great tool to drive traffic. Do a hub on a broad topic that leaves room to go back and write articles about aspects you didn't get in depth on the hub about. On the bottom of each article you leave a short bio about yourself and a link back to the hub the article pertains to.Then you link the article to social bookmarking sites and directories in the same manner as you would do the hub. All of the article sites have an in site search for articles pertaining to keywords searched for and if you write good quality material they will feel more inclined to click the link to your original hub. The added bonus of this being that the articles themselves will also show up on google searches and the likes. Exposure is the key to traffic in my opinion,and the more creative you get with exposure the more traffic you will get. While no expert in this field by no means, I was planning to do my first hub along the subject soon from the viewpoint of a beginner to be easily understood from other beginners. I'm going to stop now because I feel like i could write 1000 words more easily on the subject,hope this helps.smile

4. ofek profile image60
    ofekposted 13 years ago

Stumble your hubs, it's easy & free and can brings sometimes traffic. http://www.stumbleupon.com

5. susantoandre26 profile image59
    susantoandre26posted 13 years ago

Facebook and twitter have you try ? Also you can spread link by email to your friends.

6. Webskitzo profile image59
    Webskitzoposted 13 years ago

Lots of different ways...I'm still building my hubpage traffic up but I wrote a hub on some methods i use:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Generate-Traffic-Online

7. PMS9 profile image65
    PMS9posted 13 years ago

Maximum traffic flow from Hubpages itself only to my hubs, else around 25 to 30 % traffic comes from Google and other sources.

8. Glemoh101 profile image54
    Glemoh101posted 13 years ago

Article directories is the best ever source of good traffic and backlinks.
    Like:
    EzineArticles.com
    GoArticles.com
    ArticlesBase.com

9. Torch Harrison profile image69
    Torch Harrisonposted 12 years ago

I social network them to highly specialized groups and in one case, have a connected ongoing blog about the topic to generate interest.  Works for me!

10. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 12 years ago

100% referring sites for my 1st article that is of excellent quality content that took them 2 months to find it of which they did found it on August 2010 A.D. and as of June 3, 2011 A.D. I now have 3 articles: 1st article: 59 30 days views and 1661 ever total; 2nd article: 501 30 days views and 1032 ever total; 3rd article: 288 30 days views and 288 ever total. Grand total for all 3 articles is 2981 and rising steadily up, up, up and away. I have hit an grand slam home run with my 3 articles through 100 percent referring sites traffic from around the world in 8 countries and 11 cities. 1st article: 65 hub score, 2nd article: 74 hub score, 3rd article: 78 hub score as of June 3, 2011 A.D. which is my 1 year anniversary of joining hubpages on June 3, 2010 A.D.

11. profile image53
    churnerposted 11 years ago

I've heard of people who sell traffic from articles that already enjoy good traffic. You forward a link to your hub to be placed in such articles for a fee. I've not yet tried it yet because am still a newbie here so i would love to know what the veterans have to say about it

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)