jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Referral help

1. Pamda Man profile image53
    Pamda Manposted 8 years ago

1) What's my referral link? Is it www.hubpages.com/_PamdaMan/user/new/? Because out of 4 referrals only 2 worked.

2) How to check my referrals?

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

How do you know only 2 worked if you're not sure how to check your referrals?

You check them here: http://hubpages.com/my/trackers

Here's more information about referral/tracking: http://hubpages.com/hub/tracking

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I don't think tokens work within the site for sign ups, you just put use the hubpages.com/user/new link and it automatically does the rest.

If you are referring outside of hubpages, I think that is where you use the tokens. 

But I have trouble with using that link too for whatever reason also.  The links aren't clickable. At least that is what I have been experiencing.

That is incorrect. A person must have first clicked on a tracking URL for the cookie to be in place. If you send someone to hubpages.com/user/new and they haven't previously clicked on of your trackers then you don't get credit for the referral.

So if you're going to suggest to a person to sign up, don't have hubpages.com/user/new make sure it's hubpages.com/_YOURTOKEN/user/new to be sure.

1. profile image0

You know, I did that and the links were not working.  They get high lighted but you cannot click on them. sad  I don't know why it is only happening when I put in a tracking token.

1. profile image0

OH snap! I was putting in my token after user and before new.  Now it works.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Is your tracker _PamdaMan? Are you sure you use it whenever you post your profile or article URLs?

3. Pamda Man profile image53

Oh I see now. Then I have to ask why did my referral link work twice out of four? My tracker is not Pamda Man. I thought it was.

4. Pamda Man profile image53

Ok. So I created a tracker called panda man with description Panda Man. What do I do now?

By the looks of your later posts, it seems to have worked. Can you post the URL tracker here in its entirety so we can double check that you've got it right.

5. Ladybird33 profile image43
    Ladybird33posted 8 years ago

not a clue, but when you figure it out, let me know too because I am going through the same thing.  Thanks to everyone

6. Pamda Man profile image53

HELP!!!

7. Pamda Man profile image53

Actually the referral worked. But doesn't the referred automatically become a fan of me?

1. profile image0

no.

8. Pamda Man profile image53

Then I must ask. My referral link was wrong at the start. But 2 of 4 tries have become fans automatically. Why?

9. free4india profile image57
    free4indiaposted 8 years ago

I do not think referral and fan is the same.  When you refer and if the person joins hubpages, you get the referral benefit, meaning you will get 10% impressions on the pages or topics of the person who joins from your referral.  This means instead of 60% user and 40% hubpages, it will be 60% user and 30% hubpages, and 10% your ads on his pages.  This is in addition to your 60% impressions on your pages.

working