jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I am new to HubPages. Can someone please explain why my little score below my pi

1. HannahRiley profile image57
    HannahRileyposted 7 years ago

I am new to HubPages. Can someone please explain why my little score below my picture is low?

I am wondering why that little score is lower than others, and also how do members of HubPages get money through the site? I am not particularly interested in making money through this site, I would just like to understand it better.

2. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

The hub score goe's up or down depending on, how many hubs you submit, feedback for your hubs, how poular your hubs are etc, if you write good hubs which get a lot of traffic you will find your hub score goe's up. As for the money, you dont get money directly from Hubpages, you get it from the affiliates, such as Google and Amazon, Google pay you when someone clicks on one of their links that are advertised on your hubs if you have joined up, and amazon pay you when someone buys something from their site that has come from a direct link from your hub. If you go in to your account and click affiliate settings it explains it all there for you.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Your questions can be answered just by reading the site FAQ.

http://hubpages.com/faq/

4. sofs profile image81
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Looks like you have not read the FAQ's. Click on the help on the top of the page and read the FAQ's which will help you find out about the Author score or hubber score how it is computed how to earn through HP, how to improve your Hubber score etc etc... there is a wealth of info that will help you take advantage of all that is here on HP. Welcome to HP and happy hubbing!

5. HannahRiley profile image57
    HannahRileyposted 7 years ago

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your answers!

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Well...do not worry about those little scores by your profile picture; the number of hubs, the number of followers, your activity on the forums, your hub hoping, your answers, your questions don't do as much for that little number as the number of visitors per a specific time frame or so I have gathered.
    Anyway, anything above 75 is respectable and your  92 is something to be proud off.

7. Mohammad Mohsin profile image74
    Mohammad Mohsinposted 6 years ago

focus on content and quality, i am trying this too and getting a positive response

working