jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

When writing hubs, do you rely more on school/job learning or life lessons?

1. Anaya M. Baker profile image83
    Anaya M. Bakerposted 7 years ago

When writing hubs, do you rely more on school/job learning or life lessons?

2. rajivnandy profile image61
    rajivnandyposted 7 years ago

i dunno bout others ..but i generally write about stuff that i can relate to ...also from past experiences ,good and bad . It actually makes writing a lot more easier . do visit my hubs if time permits .

*peace**

3. MarieAlice profile image78
    MarieAliceposted 7 years ago

It depends, I mostly write my hubs about my personal experiences or things I love, but that does not mean that I could not research more or writr about something new for me.  Writing abour your interests is always easier...

4. lilmissbookworm profile image65
    lilmissbookwormposted 7 years ago

I would say a bit of both. If I just relied on my school/job learnings it would be pretty boring because it is all about statistics and technique but team that up with some life lessons some funny stories then that is what makes a hub interesting.

5. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

there's these saying that you cannot teach what you do not know or lead to where you do not go.. same with writing a hub, you cannot exactly explain, expand your hub if you have not gone unto it smile) I do wrote most of my hubs on experience

6. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

for me , i write hubs about things that matter to me. i've been out of school for too long for it to effect my writing. my job caused one of my hubs but usually it's just life that my ideas come from.

7. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Life lessons and experience are my major assets.  While the classroom aspects of writing have value, I think it can become a very mechanical process if that is all you have to work with.  The structure and manipulation should remain behind the imaginery in good writing not hang upon it.  I have always contended that writing is much like playing guitar...there are many who want to play and take lessons to do so but for all their trying, the talent is just not there to pull it together. Conversely, others pick up the guitar and play it quickly without lesson one and do it quite well with talent to spare.  God does not always give us the talents that we desire but more likely the talents which He feels will allow us to do the most for the world around us...personally, I wish I could play guitar better! WB

8. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Both experience and things I've learned through the course of my job. My pet articles especially are from experience, as well as things I've learned from a wide range of animal experts. For my job -- I am a writer, but often take transcription and note-taking work as well, and glean some very in-depth knowledge on some pretty amazing things that can later be incorporated into articles. I also write a lot of what I learn from acquaintances and my husband -- namely, any medical information that I don't get from the medical research note-taking that I do comes from my husband and his co-workers.

School...no, I really don't use anything I learned in school tongue.

9. S Bollinger profile image34
    S Bollingerposted 7 years ago

I believe it is easier to write about something we know ourselves then to write about something  we are just studying.  We show more passion in our writing when we have our heart in it such as if you wrote about experiencing your first grandchild birth. Compared to writing about the birth of a baby.

working