jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Writers block?

1. warchild75 profile image46
    warchild75posted 8 years ago

Just suffered my first bout of writers block, im struggling to think of my next hub, i dont want to write some useless tat that nobody is going to read, i want to write something im passionate about but have just plain run out of ideas.Any of you guys and gals out there had the same problem and how did you overcome it?? smile

1. wesleycox profile image82
      wesleycoxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have a vivid imagination so I start to write a story about my day, then I think about the things I did.  That usually gives me ideas. If I had a longer attention span I would be writing right now.  Coming to the forums and reading hubs also helps inspire ideas.

1. warchild75 profile image46
        warchild75posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thats what im currently doing,just browsing the forums, heres hoping i come up with something.Thamks man

2. bannerdesigner99 profile image55
        bannerdesigner99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Think about what your friends are doing. Take their initial ideas and try to write from that. :- Mathew

3. bannerdesigner99 profile image55
        bannerdesigner99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Think about what your friends are doing. Take their initial ideas and try to write from that. :- Mathew

2. guidebaba profile image54
      guidebabaposted 8 years agoin reply to this
  2. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 8 years ago

No problem, sorry I couldn't give you a topic but something always comes up for us writers.

3. alexd181 profile image60
    alexd181posted 8 years ago

I hardly ever struggle with writers block anymore, but there was a time when I used to often. I started writing anyway even if I thought it was useless, and eventually just by putting words down you'll find that ideas begin to form. Sometimes it's just a matter of opening a Word document and writing anything at all, even if it's babbling, to get your brain into the right state to write.

4. warchild75 profile image46
    warchild75posted 8 years ago

Thanks all, was thinking of how i need to get to the gym in an hour or so and decided to do a hub on working out using just your bodyweight and once i started i was off and running.I have lots of knowlege in my head just have a hard time shutting everything else out and finding it.

working