What draws you into reading a hub?

1. KKalmes profile image59
    KKalmesposted 7 years ago

What draws you into reading a hub?

I don't read anything about buying something... being out of work for 9 months may have something to do with it, I don't read travelogues for probably the same reason. I read titles that intrigue and don't give away the punch-line or story thread... almost always for PCunix... great hub ideas run through that man's head. I almost always read political, social, curious hubs, recently avoiding hubs from the right because they all sound the same and I can't get past the lack of factual or credible insights. Time does not allow for indiscriminate reading or movie choices. Maybe time is a factor...

2. Mark Ewbie profile image86
    Mark Ewbieposted 7 years ago

I like PCUnix too. 
    I check the title, scan the page very briefly.  If it's lots of words or poetry, or someone's life story I don't bother.  If there are basic grammatical errors I don't bother.  If it's selling stuff, most of which I am not interested in, I don't bother.  If it's religion, I don't bother.
    Time to check the next line.  Has the author got a sense of self, are they telling me something I want to hear.  Not usually, move on.
    But just sometimes I read from start to finish.  Chances are if the first paragraph was worth a read, the rest will be too.

edit: Oh, good question btw.

3. telltale profile image76
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Time is always a factor, for me, that is.... I normally look at hubs which may have titles which either intrigue me or that it is written in one of my favorite subjects - that will draw me to look at the hub.  smile

Closed to reply