jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

All CAPS on Hubs: Do they get you to read then or do they turn you off? Same wi

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

All CAPS on Hubs:  Do they get you to read then or do they turn you off? Same with All Bolded text

2. rickzimmerman profile image79
    rickzimmermanposted 7 years ago

I find all caps or all bold difficult as well as annoying to read, and they therefore tend to make me avoid that particular item or article. I am also annoyed with, and will disregard, excessive misspellings or grammatical errors, and overuse of street slang, jargon, texting abbreviations and other such silly composition tics. If a person doesn't care to write well, why should I care to read? There's plenty more out there — more than I could read in a lifetime — why waste time with the worst?

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

I can't read all CAPS; but need the contrast in letter cases.

4. Marliza Gunter profile image76
    Marliza Gunterposted 7 years ago

The hubpages community are the minority of my readers, I get a much larger volume of readers from google, bing and yahoo.  When l take that into consideration, then to use ALL CAPS is then greatly an advantage to let your link stand out from the crowd.  Thousands of related links will be before you on your search query, which one will I pick? They all look almost the same.  All caps with a describing first paragraph looks well in the search engine and in my hub views.

5. dahoglund profile image82
    dahoglundposted 7 years ago

All caps, i believe, is the equivalent of yelling. So use accordingly. Boldface I usually use for empahsis or for introductory passages, hopefully short.

6. Big Brother profile image73
    Big Brotherposted 7 years ago

YES definely make me read the article... SAME for bolded text. CAPS is like shouting to read and to watch them.

7. Klena profile image65
    Klenaposted 7 years ago

If the entire hub is in CAPS or in bold, then I'm backclicking straight away. A Hub entirely in capital letters will not be read by me because it looks childish.

Random words highlighted in all caps or bolded serve to emphasis a key point and are a really effective method for communicating a point.