When one has hundreds and thousands of readers, how does one manage to read thei

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)
  1. rajan jolly profile image92
    rajan jollyposted 12 years ago

When one has hundreds and thousands of readers, how does one manage to read their hubs?

And keep a track.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 12 years ago

You really can't but as people comment on yours you return as many visits as possible and go back to ones you have missed as often as you get the chance. Save time in another area to give more time to this I believe though because you owe your fans recognition.

3. Doc Snow profile image88
    Doc Snowposted 12 years ago

You can't.  It's as simple as that.  You can only read a selection of 'thousands of readers.'  Reciprocity is great, but it can't possibly be one to one for everyone.  The math just doesn't work.

4. Hubpage Gal profile image58
    Hubpage Galposted 12 years ago

Most of the time it is the number of friends that indicate that your work is interesting to read.  It is not necessary to correspond with the man friends on Hubpages. Hubpages does have a tool that notified the follower when the writer has published an article.  Usually, just by scanning the email topic and eliminate articles that are of little or no interest.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I read as many hubs of people i follow, not who follows me.

1. Taleb80 profile image80
      Taleb80posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is an honest answer.

6. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

It would be nice if we could read everything-- but most of us do have lives outside of HubPages. 
    One of the best pieces of advice I have received is "Do your best and flush the rest." 
    Don't try to "keep track", but do your best to chime in now and then to offer encouragement, SHARE, and vote up.

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Well you can't.  You shouldn't ever think that just because someone is following you that you should then just up and hit "follow" on their profile.

I've got people that "follow" my profile here at hubpages that have never once left a comment on anything.  I'll bet I've got "followers" that have never once even looked at anything I've published.

It would be pathetic were I to think that I should follow folks that don't read or comment my stuff....unless, of course, I just happen to really be into the things that the person in question writes about.

You can't play a "tit for tat" game here...it just doesn't ever work out well if you try.

Even with all the people who do write things that I want to sometimes read....I stay so far behind on that ...that I'll never run out of things to do.

If I've got nothing at all on my mind to write about....holy smoke, I could spend a month just catching up on the things that I do want to read and comment, and share.

It's really always better to have something to do than nothing to do, so follow who you like, the people that write what you want to read.  Don't think about returning "follows" of those who follow you.

8. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

People will often read a hub of a brand new follower as a way of saying hello, but most of the time people will only read hubs by the hubbers they follow or on the topics they follow.  There is not the time to read everything by everyone. Few people who have thousands of followers follow many people at all, some of them follow less than 100 people.

Another thing:  I know there are also certain  hubbers who will read and comment on a hub of someone who comments on their hubs because of those reciprocated comments. Otherwise they don't take the time to read other people's hubs.  This is particularly likely for people who do not spend a lot of time on Hubpages, but only check in now and then.

9. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

Yeah I'm finding that to be my problem, lately and definitely after I breached the 10,000 views mark. Soon after I received a monsoon of comments, and was overwhelmed to say the least, and have yet to catch up to all the amazing activity, or shall I say hubtivity that resulted. I leave cool comments for each person who's kind enough to leave me a message on my hubs as well, and I will get to the reading of many of their hubs in due time.

Time is of the essence I guess, and as it proceeds to move onward, so does our reach as authors of a single hub or multiples, and hence the challenge of keeping up with the tempo, becomes yet a ever growing difficulty to tackle.

Since this is the reality we all have on the web, I've decided to use my cloud computing sharing tools (Just Google my profile name), to compensate for my lack of being able to read every hub, and so when I get the time, all I have to do is collect the hub of each of those who've shared with me on my hubs and walla, I have them stored on my Pearltrees collection on the cloud.

Give Pearltrees a try it works wonders for web content management, I've written many hubs about it all too. Good luck Hubbing & sharing cause it only gets better judging by the amazing stats on here we've all been ranking up daily.

Awesome Question, and I will be creating a hub for this one, you bet ya.

10. sholland10 profile image82
    sholland10posted 12 years ago

I try to read those who comment on my hubs, but sometimes even that is overwhelming.  I try to take time each week to just read hubs.  I love getting comments and I love making comments, so it does take time and effort to read hubs when there are so many.  :-)

11. hoteltravel profile image63
    hoteltravelposted 12 years ago

It is practically impossible to read hubs of all your readers. Instead, I read latest hubs of hubbers I follow and hub hop.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)