jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hi, I just joined the site and I just started reading - I'm still a little confu

1. tatlyn profile image55
    tatlynposted 7 years ago

Hi, I just joined the site and I just started reading - I'm still a little confused on just how...

it is that money is made?

For instance, what about this page will earn you money?

I understand about affiliate links but I don't think I'm seeing any here?

Any help in this regard that you could offer would sure be appreciated!! Thanks.

2. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

Hi Tatlyn, welcome to the site.

Hubpages does not pay you - but if you apply for or have accounts with Amazon, Adsense, Ebay & Kontera, you can input those affiliate codes here: http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate

Once you've linked your account hubpages does the rest of the work - 60% of all impressions will show your affiliate code. For instance just insert Amazon items in an Amazon capsule and 60% of the time they will be your sales. Adsense automatically displays for you 60% of the time on every hub once you've linked it.

Unlike having your own site, hubpages has an intricate method of backlinking each of your hubs, meaning they easily rank a lot higher than your own site would or other article sites without a lot of work.

The first stream of traffic you get will be from hubpages, and then will fall off for anywhere from a day to a few weeks. Then google will start to send traffic, and that traffic increases over time, often reaching full potential anywhere from 6-9 months after publication.

Of course it depends on the topic - writing about subjects no one is googling (like santa claus socks with blue dots) probably won't get you any hits!

3. DeafAndy profile image61
    DeafAndyposted 7 years ago

Money is made through your affiliate links to places like Amazon or Ebay, and through Google ads on your hubs.  Do you have a Google publisher I.D. yet?  If not, you need to apply for one.  It's the easiest way for a beginner to make money because the ads automatically appear on your hubs.  If someone clicks on one of those ads, you make money.  How much money varies by many factors like topic, click through rates, and luck.

If you are just getting started, it can be a little overwhelming.  There is a ton of information out there, much of it misleading, and it can be hard to know where to begin.  It took me 5 to 6 months to really feel like I knew what I was doing. 

If you would like to cut out that 6 months of floundering and focus on what really matters, contact me through my profile and I will teach you step by step.

4. profile image0
    techhubmasterposted 4 years ago

On your earning page you can add your amazon, ebay and google adsense ID. Then you can just start writing include some amazon and ebay products and all the sales or impressions and clicks (adsense) will be added to your affiliate/ad accounts. This means, that you should create an account at Amazon associates or google adsense before linking it with your profile.

Just one last thing. Hubpages is a good tool for making money but don't expect to make a fortune with it! I just joined because I love writing and helping people!