jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Help with HubPages

1. profile image50
    Digletoposted 8 years ago

Before I start making hubs I would like to learn a bit more.
    Adsense. Do I need to have hubs before I apply? How long does it take to get accepted? Can I still make money from Hub pages before I get accepted?

Pictures. Lets say I wanted to write about a video game? Can I take a picture of it and put it in my article?

Is there any other starter tutorial that you would recommend? Thanks smile

2. PhilD41 profile image61
    PhilD41posted 8 years ago

Welcome Digleto,

I expect some searching will provide much more thorough information then I can provide, but I will get you started.

1. You can apply for adsense whenever you would like.  Mine took about 5 minutes and was approved right away.  Under the affiliate page there is actually a link that will walk you through applying step by step.  You can make money on hubpages without adsense by using the other affiliate programs like ebay and amazon.

2. Yes, you can use your own pictures in your hubs.  I do when I can.  You should be careful in grabbing images of the internet as they may be copyrighted and not legal to use.  There are several forum posts and even hubs about finding images to use.  I don't know them off hand though.

3. I am not away of a starter tutorial.  Just start reading to get ideas of layouts and write.  Again, searching or browsing hubs in the hubpages topic might be helpful.

Hope this helps!

3. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 8 years ago

I would definitely recommend you have a few hubs before applying to Adsense however.  People do get turned down.

4. blaise25 profile image80
    blaise25posted 8 years ago

yeah you need some contents of course to have your adsense account approved. try searching starting a hub for beginners or how to start a hub

5. blaise25 profile image80
    blaise25posted 8 years ago

yeah you need some contents of course to have your adsense account approved. try searching starting a hub for beginners or how to start a hub

1. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image71
      NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If you want to write about video game or any other thing,you can take your own pictures, store them in your computer and use the photo capsule to include them in your hub.you can as well get free pictures from this site.
      http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml

6. profile image50
    Digletoposted 8 years ago

Thanks for all your help! I will get started right away!

working