why should i post on hubpages and not make my own blog?

1. games21 profile image60
    games21posted 7 years ago

why should i post on hubpages and not make my own blog?

2. gulnazahmad profile image61
    gulnazahmadposted 7 years ago

Writing on hub pages is beneficial in many ways:
    1) On blogs it is difficult to find people of your interest who can criticize your article and let you groom.
    2) blogs are more like diaries so if you are interested in writing about yourself and other things like these you should prefer blog. On the other hand hub pages are like directories where there are information from different writers. So if you can better write articles than write on hub pages.
    3) Hub pages is strict about genuine information so you cannot write duplicate material.
    All and all its fun writing on hub pages.

3. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

There are two ways to make your own blog.  One way is to get a blog hosted "free" on Google blogspot, or some other blogging site that you do not own.  The other way is get your own domain, pay for hosting, and use blog software (e.g. WordPress) to REALLY have your own blog.

If you p****ss the blogging site monitors off (HubPages, Google...) your stuff is GONE, unless YOU have backed it up locally.  Even then, you have lost all the link-building you may have accomplished.  I don't know how arbitrary HubPages is (so far, so good), but Google blogger is infamous for high-handedly deleting blogs.  They will not only delete and deny access to one blog of yours that someone objects to, but because of that one, ALL of your blogs with them.  So beware of Google blogspot.

And tread lightly, here, also.

If you really want to have a blog where you can express whatever you want, how you want, in whatever language you want, politically correct or not, get your own domain URL, really your own.  When you own the URL, you don't lose links even if you have to change hosts when someone gets offended.

HubPages, for me, is where I can put a few things that don't fit elsewhere, and/or for getting links and a few AdSense bucks.  And, your Hubs probably will get indexed faster, higher, than on your own blogs.

working