jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)

Earnings poll reset

1. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I've had a poll up about average earnings on my Hub for Improving Your Hub Earnings for a while now. 

As it was, just over 60% of the 258 people who had participated up until now were earning $10 or less per month.  I've just reset the poll and the dollar parameters as it's been over a year since it started and I figure that there are probably quite a few site users who are seeing a change in their average earnings since then. 

If it is your will, please stop by and take part again.

1. E. A. Wright profile image85
      E. A. Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Interesting hub. I took the poll.

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 8 years ago

I did this but have gone back and re-voted smile

3. kerryg profile image86
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

I voted again. Nice to be able to go up a few levels! smile

4. relache profile image86

I know I'm earning very differently than I was 18 months ago (in the upwards direction), and I'm glad to read and see that other people are too. 

When that poll first went up, the most voted category started out at the lowest earning one, and pretty much stayed that way over the  course of that entire poll, which I'm guessing is due to a lot of newer authors reading the Hub.  Now I'm hoping to get a sampling that gives a better idea of the broader population.

So far, the most heavily voted category has gone from "$10 and under" to "$50-$100."  Not a bad evolution at all, huh?

5. girly_girl09 profile image69
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

Voted again. I totally agree with kerryg, very nice to be able to move up a few levels! smile

6. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Voted again. Same answer though smile

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 8 years ago in reply to this

We might see a change in your answer next time the poll is reset, only if Relache would add a choise of $100,000 or more. big_smile

7. relache profile image86

Previously, the last poll option was "over $200"

This time the last poll option is "over $300"

So, either Mark gave a different answer this time and didn't realize it, or his earnings have not gone up....

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I gave the same answer in that it was "over the highest" so I didn't notice it had gone up.

8. jaymz profile image62
    jaymzposted 8 years ago

Should've left the other poll and retitled it to around when you posted it. Then started another one to 1 year later or something to show comparison.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you edit polls at all, they get wiped clean.

9. jaymz profile image62
    jaymzposted 8 years ago

Gotcha. Still would have been neat to see the difference to compare what people first voted  (or at least the basic percentage) and then a year later.

10. relache profile image86

So far the new poll is showing some interesting data trends.  It's sort of breaking down that site users are either making some good money (18% make over $300/month) or they just haven't figure out how to make the site work for them (34% earning less than $10/month)

11. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

Thanks for updating your poll. It's always good to be able to figure out where you stand in the general scheme of things.

I have to say that Hubs is one of the easiest ways I've found to generate income quickly online. But I think to do that you have existing Adsense, Amazon, and Ebay accounts.

12. kephrira profile image58
    kephriraposted 8 years ago

It's always good to see how other people are doing and whats realistically possible, thanks. I'll go and take your poll now.

13. relache profile image86

Nearly 100 people have taken the updated earnings poll now, so figures are starting to clarify.

About 50% of the respondents still make less than $10/month.  However, almost 20% have increased their earnings to $10-$50. 

And a little over 10% (who I'd guess are longer-time site users) have reported making over $300/month!

14. Gennifer profile image71
    Genniferposted 8 years ago

I revoted, hope that it will help to reveal the truth... smile

working