Are You Using Poll in your Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Trsmd profile image57
    Trsmdposted 15 years ago

If you are Using Poll in your Hubpages, How many viewers are casting their vote in the Poll. And which page of  yours attracted much voting?

1. jyuva profile image58
      jyuvaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No not yet have to try big_smile

2. hubber-2009 profile image58
      hubber-2009posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Now only I came to know about the uses.  I will add to my Hubs..

But I have voted in others Polls..

3. compu-smart profile image89
      compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have  polls in many of my hubs!...My best browser hub has 477  votes so far!..\

really think poll capsules are very useful to me and handy for visitors!

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I like the voting capsules too, but the most votes I have ever received on a hub was about thirty.  It must be a pretty popular topic on the hub where you received 477 votes, and now I would like to know which one it is so I can go vote too smile.

2. dingdong profile image58
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

Not so remarkable % of votes, though page views are good. I'd like to hear from fellow hubbers smile

3. Janet21 profile image82
    Janet21posted 15 years ago

I have a poll set up on my Family Bed lens.  With 180 pageviews, I have 13 votes.  So, that is about 7-8%.

4. broalexdotinfo profile image58
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

I`m using polls, don`t really remember I think on 3 of my hubs. The best performing poll is on this hub --

How To Make Your Computer Run Faster in 3 Simple Steps

21 people have voted in this poll.

This hub is going to cross the 2000 page views barrier and has only been published for a week or so, I guess that`s why a lot of people voted on the poll.

Alex M.

5. guidebaba profile image57
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

NO.

6. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I've only tried it out in one hub for the hubmob for this week on hair. I'm not much of a fan of it. I like the idea, but I wish it folded better around the other capsules. I tried putting the polls to the right and have an RSS feed to the left, but the entire RSS feed waited until the end of the polls to show, so there was a huge white gape. I also wish they could go side by side, since I have two short ones, and it takes up extra space when I couldn't get anything to wrap around them properly... Oh well... I'm not much of a fan of polls anyway. It is an interesting concept though.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I voted. smile

Also, be sure to check out this Forum post regarding Fawntia's first blog post, which just happens to be all about the new Poll Capsule and some really interesting stats that have to do with it.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/7680

1. GoldenThread profile image60
        GoldenThreadposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think it would be a good idea to allow people to leave feedback along with casting their vote. Perhaps the poll could be combined with the comments capsule, or have the comments capsule bolted on to it? That would encourage vote-casting and people to leave their comments as to why they casted their vote a particular way.

7. blogdigz profile image58
    blogdigzposted 15 years ago

Interesting thread smile

8. crashcromwell profile image67
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

People do have the option of revealing how they voted in a comment, and I think one of the reasons why one of my hubs is doing so well in terms of votes cast in the poll is because it is a secret poll.

9. DonnaCSmith profile image84
    DonnaCSmithposted 15 years ago

I just added a poll to my hub Why I Will Vote of Obama. I've voted on polls in hubs I've read so far. They are fun.

1. Dorsi profile image89
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I like the polls too- it makes the hub more interactive!

10. crashcromwell profile image67

I just checked my Sarah Palin hub and have had 35 votes cast to this question:

Is Sarah Palin Ready For Primetime?
    Would You Feel Safe Knowing That Sarah Palin Were A Heartbeat Away From The Presidency?

The current tally has 57 percent saying no, 37 percent saying yes, 6 percent unsure. It's not scientific, but I guess it shows that most of my readers tend to be liberal.

11. crashcromwell profile image67

Speaking only for myself, I didn't vote in your survey on the Canadian Prime Minister because I know nothing about either candidate, aside from what you wrote. I put in a "not sure" option in my poll, and that's where I would vote in yours.

I did cast a vote in your four-day work week hub, though.

12. rmshdc profile image57
    rmshdcposted 15 years ago

I have added poll in my hub page at:

http://hubpages.com/hub/southindianactress101

to select Who is the hottest and sizzling actress down South India?  Since the poll added, about 1100 page views later, 45 persons have voted, which is not what I expected.  But the trend of 45 person does match with opinion of all my friends, that is one thing, that made me happy.

13. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

I actually created a hub just to use a poll

http://hubpages.com/hub/Find-Me-a-New-Domain-Name

I've gotten 98 visits and 14 votes, and some of those visits are return visits so I'm thinking that I got about 20% of people voting or more.

Since the hub was for a specific purpose, I'll be taking it down, though.

14. Trsmd profile image57
    Trsmdposted 15 years ago

I think that merely 10% of the Visitors are interested in participating in Polls.

15. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

I just used my fist poll in my last hub about the Galveston Media Blackout and Coverup. About 32 people voted so far, and I love the fact that I can get real time thoughts about what readers are really thinking. Since I write some controversial hubs sometimes, this will be a useful tool in finding out what people are really thinking. I love the new poll tool!
    Yeah HubPages! Keep up the great work!

16. profile image57
    fun2hubposted 15 years ago

Poll...yet to try smile

17. rapmanual profile image41
    rapmanualposted 15 years ago

nada

18. profiler profile image64
    profilerposted 15 years ago

I use polls in almost all my hubs. Some are sucessful, some are not...

It depends of course of the popularity of the hub, but also of the way you do the poll... I noticed that the funnier ones and with less options tend to give you more cliks.

And never put polls like: Was this info useful, or something... that's what the thumbs are for!

My most sucessful one has 70 votes at the moment (not bad considering it was done less than 2 weeks ago)... http://hubpages.com/hub/Guiness-Longest … allest-Man

19. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 15 years ago

The trick to having a poll get a lot of interaction is to have a good question, something that gets people going.

So far, the poll on my hubs with the most interaction is on http://hubpages.com/hub/nose-piercing-info

The poll asks "Do you think employers/businesses are over-reacting when they make people take out or cover their nose piercings for work?"

Hot button topic with a really opinionated response.  So far, it's had 144 votes and I only added it when the poll feature was first available.

20. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

I think they are a fun way to add fun to an already fun hub.  For serious topics, they are pointless I think.  I put one in my silly pets Amoeba hub and people seemed to like voting for all their favorite ridiculous pet, so, since the verdict wasn't meant to mean anything, it worked great.  Beyond something like that, I can't see the point.

21. Kika Rose profile image68
    Kika Roseposted 15 years ago

I put one in my Things to do in a Small Town hub, just as a test. I think I have less than 30 votes, but I haven't looked at it lately. It was my first hub, so I wanted to play with the capsules a little. I'm not sure how well polls would do in any of my other hubs, since I haven't made a poll after that first hub, but who knows? Maybe I should put one in my proper English hub, just for laughs. tongue

22. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

I have started adding poll in my hubs. I hope it will get response.
    Jyoti kothari

23. mhei profile image59
    mheiposted 15 years ago

i just started weeks ago and i tried using polls..well..i don't think it worked so i just had one poll and never created another one after..but it looks cute though....just an add-on to your site big_smile

24. steimmanbernard profile image61
    steimmanbernardposted 15 years ago

i dont use the poll

25. profile image0
    multimasteryposted 15 years ago

Just added my first pole on my latest hub.  No results yet.

26. Reealjrd profile image60
    Reealjrdposted 15 years ago

I have not yet tried it but i will try it.

27. sunstreeks profile image82
    sunstreeksposted 15 years ago

I've got a couple of polls up. They really aren't getting a whole lot of response except on my most popular hubpage about my Mirena IUD experience. It has 228 people who have voted.

Posing a question that your readers really want to know what others think is the key to getting a good response of voters.

I added the poll long after the hub had been posted. It seem many of the comments made by readers were about Mirena and weight gain. So in addition to reading through all the comments, I added the poll and gave the readers an opportunity to see quick numbers of what the weight gain experience of other women was. It's a good visual to back up the comments.

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have a  polls on a few of  my hubs and they don't get a lot of attention...also seem to stop at 4 votes..hmmm

28. dingdong profile image58
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

I can see that most of the visitors don't spend time to vote there in hubs neutral

29. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 15 years ago

The trick to using polls is to 1) make sure they are near the top of the hub so that they really catch the reader's attention and 2) make sure the question is clear cut in regards to the hub topic.

My nose piercing poll now has over 400 votes, because the question deals with the hot button issue around nose piercing:  are employers over-reacting when they make people take out nose piercings?

1. hubber-2009 profile image58
      hubber-2009posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for disclosing the Trick...

30. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

I have added poll capsules to many of my hubs. My hubs did not attract so many votes but some of them are doing pretty well.

Jyoti Kothari

31. mythailove profile image58
    mythailoveposted 15 years ago

Not yes but i will

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)