jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

I love to Hub Hop do you?

1. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

I love to Hub Hop do you?

2. LillyGrillzit profile image77
    LillyGrillzitposted 7 years ago

Yes. It is a way to be a part of the Hubber's community, and it is a quick way to get a look at newbies.

3. DrumsAcousticMuse profile image64
    DrumsAcousticMuseposted 7 years ago

Yeah i like hub hopping because you get a chance to see a wide variety of topics. there are some really good writers here!

4. davidemorgan profile image55
    davidemorganposted 7 years ago

I've tried it a few times. It shows me how much spammy crap people put up here, but occasionally there's a gem.

5. TheRaptorClaw profile image59
    TheRaptorClawposted 7 years ago

It is pretty good. It is a good way for you to find new hubbers, comment on their stories, and attract followers.

6. bogerk profile image68
    bogerkposted 7 years ago

I haven't much luck with it. Usually all I get are three or four block paragraphs of jumbled English trying to sell a camcorder.

7. What's News profile image71
    What's Newsposted 7 years ago

Yes. It gives me a chance to see hubs that I may not have otherwise seen.

8. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Sometimes, mainly because I end up finding folks that I otherwise probably would not see.  Sometimes I get into a cycle when I am hoping of just seeing one marginal hub or uninteresting hub after another. So hopping can be hard work too! WB

9. melbel profile image96
    melbelposted 7 years ago

I have found a few quality hubs through hopping that are really good reads, but the bulk seem to be churned crap that people have written just to get a back link. That being said, aren't do follow links turned into no follow if your Hub Score is under X amount?

10. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

I have tried it several times, I hate it.   It takes you to spam too much.  I prefer to look through the topics, sometimes search and browse the hubs that way.

11. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I do it occasionally.  Though I don't usually bother to read subjects that are of little interest to me.
    There are some real gems in there-- some a bit unpolished, but it's a good way to encourage new hubbers.
    I also flag quite a few-- people need to realize that 'flagging' is not a discredit to the author. It merely serves to quickly bring staff attention to evaluation of the hub.

12. nicehubs profile image37
    nicehubsposted 7 years ago

Why not? I think it is a good way to get to know the new hubbers and make them part of the community.

13. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

LOL!  I give LillyG and SteveoMC instant votes up based on me knowing their characters.  I always wonder, what puts a hub into "hop" category?  Is it only new hubber's hubs that wind up there?  I do like hoping hubs, guess I should do it more often.  I should probably check my "home" settings, and expand them, but truly great hubs always wind up there already.

14. Taleb80 profile image81
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

I like it, you feel that you are a real memeber in this community, and you have the task to make it better.

15. Veianet profile image60
    Veianetposted 7 years ago

Hub hopping is one way to learn and getting to know more hubbers..fun too. I enjoyed reading other hubs depending on time allowed.

16. Mark Ewbie profile image87
    Mark Ewbieposted 7 years ago

Some benefits - spot new good stuff.  But oh boy.  The rubbish that is on there.  Now I think we have a duty to flag because it is important to try to keep the standard up.  If people find rubbish when they come to Hubpages then the whole site will suffer.  And that means we all suffer.

17. FrankSB profile image56
    FrankSBposted 7 years ago

Yes and i always find myself asking "how did i get to this hub" and tracing my way backwards.

18. profile image0
    Marie-AnneLeClercposted 6 years ago

Are you a "Goody Goody?" --------------- (((((((((((((((((((((((---------