jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

what is an RSS feed??? why is it useful? why do i need one?

1. GearHead2012 profile image61
    GearHead2012posted 7 years ago

what is an RSS feed???
    why is it useful?
    why do i need one?

2. hassann profile image70
    hassannposted 7 years ago

I am still learning about RSS feed. What I know at the moment is that it sort of functions as a dynamic link box. You can tell it to show links to your latest hubs for instance. It will make people view your other hubs. And its content will change over time as you will produce new hubs. This change will function like an update on your hub and reportedly google and other search engines like recently updated content. I learned this stuff from Edweirdo's hub on RSS.

3. simeonvisser profile image83
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

You should watch the video RSS in Plain English: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0klgLsSxGsU . In short it is a way of bringing new content to you instead of you having to visit all the websites to see if there's something new. You can include RSS feeds in your hubs to regularly display new content. There are various hubs on HubPages that explain this in more detail.

4. profile image0
    fordieposted 7 years ago

You don't NEED one. It's a feature that is there for those that find it useful.

I offer travel updates through an RSS feed. It's that sort of frequently updated information that is best presented this way.

working