jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you know any good ways to promote older Hubs?

1. SOKCGOLD profile image62
    SOKCGOLDposted 7 years ago

Do you know any good ways to promote older Hubs?

I have some older hubs that aren't date sensitive, but they haven't got any views in a while. Do you know any good tips on reintroducing these Hubs to a new audience?

2. SOKCGOLD profile image62
    SOKCGOLDposted 7 years ago

I'm sorry - "they haven't gotten any traffic in a while." Maybe bad grammar is my problem! ;-)

3. Phanti profile image60
    Phantiposted 7 years ago

You could go back and edit them and maybe add some new information.
    You could also "Tweet" them or add them to your Facebook wall, stumbleupon or other social networking sites.
    You could get some new readers if you try those methods.

4. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

You can also add RSS feeds to keep them fresh for search engines. That might improve their ranking. And indeed, use social networking to let people know about them.

5. questionpaper profile image79
    questionpaperposted 7 years ago

the only thing you have to do is to optimize them for search engines that is, you have to research the most searched keywords by using Google keyword tool and include them in your paragraphs (only where it fits). You have to do SEO for your hubs. If you're confused about what i'm talking then check out this hub because it explains everything:

http://hubpages.com/hub/increase-page-r … h-pagerank

I hope I helped you!

6. Susana S profile image95
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

The first thing to do is identify why a hub isn't getting views. It's most likely because of poor keyword choice - What's your main keyword? Is it in a competitive niche? Is there no one searching for your phrase? Double check the *exact* phrase in google's adwords tool. If there is no one searching for your phrase then you will need to consider finding a better one and re-editing the hub to incorporate it.

If the phrase does get a reasonable amount of searches per month, you then need to look at the competition by doing a google search for the phrase and looking at the strength of the results on page 1. How many backlinks do they have, what is the page PR, what is the domain age?  Can you beat them?

If you believe you can beat the competition go to your hub and make sure it is optimized onpage properly, add some more text, add a news feed, link to it from pages that get more traffic, then go and build some backlinks.