Is it better to use the Keywords in your stats of your hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)
  1. kmackey32 profile image62
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Or not? I mean the kewords there are not listed in the keywords I put for the hubs.

1. climberjames profile image57
      climberjamesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would like to know this too, I have been pasting the search keywords into my hub keywords as sometimes they are not ones that I originally provided . . .

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Look at how many times a particular search is coming up.

If your stats show one particular phrase is being used a lot, that tells you it's a popular search term.  If you're not using those words in your Hub already, that suggests there aren't many other sites using that keyword phrase (or they'd be getting the visitors first).  So it would be worth using that phrase in the text of your Hub - or better, in your title, if you can see that nobody is searching for your existing title.

You'd be pretty safe to ignore any search terms that are only giving you one or two visitors.

3. Blogging Erika profile image67
      Blogging Erikaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Honestly I'm not convinced that the Hubpages keywords are particularly useful.  I try not to go crazy with these, because if you throw in too many, it's going to look suspicious to a search engine.

I'm almost positive that Google ignores any keywords that are added as such.  Google works really well because it searches your text and builds up its index from there - from the words you really use.

Rather than putting words into your Hubpages keyword, focus on using them all in your text.  Break out that thesaurus! 

And if you see a phrase being used to find your site (i.e. the keywords that show up in your stats) you might want to edit your site to include that phrase a time or two in your text.  Assuming that it's relevant, of course!

2. kmackey32 profile image62
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Kewl, I was wondering this for a long time but was afraid I was being blonde and missing something... lol

1. climberjames profile image57
      climberjamesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No lol, not unless I'm being blonde too - and I'm not blonde.

Im not really sure about the keyword stuff, some of the search terms that end up with them reaching my hub are really random :S

3. liljen23 profile image76
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

Hey kmackey I believe it is good to use the keywords from the stats because that is what people are using to pull up your hub and if you tag it with those keywords, the better your hub will be easy to search for...I have been doing this and it is bringing me some traffic. Thanks for bringing this up..

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do occasionally -  however I get some long, ridiculous search terms on my hubs... for instance on my potato bake hub it was something along the lines of :
      Potato recipe - chill -crockpot cream soup

4. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

There was another forum discussion on this not too long ago.  Some of the more experienced Hubbers said that we need to be careful not to overdo this (i.e., inserting those keywords into the Hub text), because it might appear to Google that we are "gaming the system."  That doesn't mean not to use those keywords at all, just don't go overboard.

Someone else suggested that the keywords that people actually use might serve as suggestions or inspiration for other Hubs, since you would know that someone out there somewhere is interested in the topic. 

But what if it's just one person in the whole wide world who is interested in that specific slant to the topic? Wouldn't that end up using a lot of your time? - That's where keyword research comes in.

5. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I would imagine the keywords in the Google keyword tool are more accurate than the Hubpages ones, that is my 10c

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Although the ones in the Keyword stats within each hubpages metrics are a good second opinion!

I now use some of these to create a second or third hubpage which adds more to the first hubpage, although you could just add the keyword phrase that you find in the Keyword/hub metrics, but no I prefer to use this as what it was intended to add further content to an ever expanding topic.

Although just sometimes you may struggle to write more on what you've already written....

I guess the tag suggestions are only there to prompt you with possible ideas for keywords!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)