jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are some good ways to promote community spirit in a neighborhood?

1. AliciaC profile image99
    AliciaCposted 6 years ago

What are some good ways to promote community spirit in a neighborhood?

2. juneaukid profile image76
    juneaukidposted 6 years ago

One thing we did in Denver was to zerascape the strips of yard between the sidewalks and the street thus saving on water neighborhood consumption and the labor of having to mow that outer strip of yard.

3. rlaha profile image71
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

Encourage activities and cleanup for streets every month.  Also you can have meetings to see how to improve the cleanliness of the neighborhood including where to put trash receptacles for an aesthetic look.

4. shazwellyn profile image57
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

First impressions count.  Introduce yourself and others to each other.  Be thoughtful to others and communicate.  In fact, communication is the key to happiness, especially when thinking in terms of community.

Try and get people together by being positive about all around you.  Organise an open get together - barbeque, street party, picnic.
    Create a hub for the community - place where people can get together - like a community hall - where you can share and make plans to making your environment a better place.  Remember, there is always room for improvement!

You can only be the best you can be, so set a positive example by being your best - considerate, mindful of other people's perception of reality and unconditional in your giving.

5. perfectperception profile image59
    perfectperceptionposted 6 years ago

Try a monthly or bi-monthly activity so that the neighborhood can get to know each other.  It can get the ball rolling.

6. flashmakeit profile image68
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

Have or join the street club and suggest different activity like a block party, community needs, gaint yards sells, meet people who work for the city, welcoming new neighbors, talent shows, garden clubs, erc.

7. My Minds Eye53 profile image61
    My Minds Eye53posted 6 years ago

My sister lived on a cul-de-sac and they would have a huge block party once a year.  It was great.

8. xethonxq profile image62
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Volunteer would be one thing I'd pick. There are so many ways people can give back in a community that helps bring the community together.

9. Nicola Tweedie profile image79
    Nicola Tweedieposted 6 years ago

Organise an event together - something that involves as many people as possible and needs lots of people to share what they do well. We had a street party and it was fantastic - some people entertained children, some people sung and played music, some people cooked, some people helped contact the local authorites to get permission, some people decorated the street, some people did the lighting when it got dark and some people helped clean up afterwards...it was amazing and we all got to know people we hadn't known before the event. Highly recommeneded.

working