jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I feel really dumb asking this, but here goes anyway. How do I get my own perso

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I feel really dumb asking this, but here goes anyway.  How do I get my own personal "click this...

link here and join hubpages" thing to put on my profile page?  I know it's got to be simple, and I don't have to have an edited link to where it says "whatever," I just need a link that has my tracker in it, or whatever, for obvious reasons.

2. simeonvisser profile image83
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

You can learn more about trackers here: http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/url- … e-program/

Then go to my account > URL trackers to see and manage your URL trackers.

Then go to the page on HubPages that you want to link to, select 'link to this page' at the bottom and get the link from there.

Lastly, create a link on your profile page with that tracker in it, such as on my profile page. Select the text and use the link icon to turn the text into a link.

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

There is a link to this page link at the bottom of every page on the site.  Click it and it will bring up a box that will let you select the tracker you want to use.

4. imatellmuva profile image80
    imatellmuvaposted 7 years ago

Don't feel dumb. That's my job, but only on Monday's & Tuesday's!

1.Go to my account page.

2.Go to URL Trackers

3.Click create new tracker. Two fields will populate. Tracking Token and Description. Enter your own unique tracker in the Tracking Token field; anything of your choosing from 3-16 numbers and letters. I learned that entering something in the description field is optional. Let's say that your unique tracking code is toddshaw213.

4.Click Create New Tracker.

5.Go to the hub you want the "click this" on, and change the hub to edit mode. Select the capsule that you want "click this" to appear and click edit.

6.While in edit mode type "click this" (and whatever else you want to say) where you want it to appear in the hub, then highlight what you typed. Notice that the link description tool will become bold. (there are two symbols link and unlink. If you hover your arrow over both you will easily determine the one you need. The unlink tool looks like it has a barb wire or something through it.

7.Click the link description tool, a window will populate that will show a field for the url and a field to select the title for the hub.

8.Change the url. Let's say your "click here" is for people to sign up to hubpages. Change the url to:
    http://hubpages.com/enter an underscore and your new tracking code here/user/new

9. In the Quick Link To Your Hub Field. Click the drop down arrow, and select the Hub title.

10 Click Insert.
    11 Click save.
    12 Click Done Editing.

I found a lot of information about this on HubPages. I pieced the information from several hubs to learn how to do this for my own hub. It took me many tries, and a couple of advils to get it, but I finally got it! I am more than happy to share this with you. I hope it helps!

5. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

I hope you got the answer you are looking for.  My click here doesn't go to my profile but to the tour of Hubpages.  If you still don't know how, go to forums and ask.  I get all the answers I want from asking in the forums.

6. joleenruffin profile image57
    joleenruffinposted 7 years ago

Thanks for asking...been wondering about that myself.