My page views seem to peter out after awhile, is this normal for a new article?

1. merobinson2 profile image72
    merobinson2posted 7 years ago

My page views seem to peter out after awhile, is this normal for a new article?

Many of my hubs generate a decent amount of first week views (between 30 and 50) but then after a couple of weeks the views fall down to 1 or 2 a week. Is this normal? If not, how do I improve the staying power of my articles?

2. the clean life profile image79
    the clean lifeposted 7 years ago

I don't know if that is normal, but don't feel bad, it is the same for me. Once published and you share to your followers on HP, Digg, Stumble Upon , Twitter and so on, those people that follow you have read your hub and now I guess it's up to the search engines to do the rest.

Don't get discouraged it happens. I have about 120 hubs and weeks go by and not one view on the hubs that once got a lot of views in the beginning when first published.

Just keep writing original, unique articles and over time you will get more followers and more traffic from the outside.  This is what has been told to me when I was down in the dumps with no traffic.  It just takes time.

3. dablufox profile image56
    dablufoxposted 7 years ago

Yeah that's quite normal because when you first publish Hubpages will publish a newly published link all over its site to give you a good run and help get the word out there.

That is why is is suicide to published a half baked or half finished hubpage, simply because you get only one shot at this.

I'm no pro here but this is just my belief, that its crucial to published high quality hubs that are informative, entertaining and offer superior value.

Because the potential viral effect of your hub is never more promising than at the first 24-48 hours after you publish.

In my opinion you should aim for the bullseye each and every time.

And this is coming from some body with his fair share of hubpage flops.

Also its good to think outside the sandbox (hubpages) in terms of traffic and SEO and the niche you choose and if your hubpage keywords have a reasonable chance for ranking in Google.

Also I feel you really have to build hubs on very narrow specialized  laser focused niches, and have many of them with slightly different keyword focuses and organize them in interlinked clusters.

working