jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are keywords completely unrelated to my content bringing most of my traffic?

1. AshleyRB profile image58
    AshleyRBposted 7 years ago

Why are keywords completely unrelated to my content bringing most of my traffic?

2. shaekelly profile image64
    shaekellyposted 7 years ago

You may have used the wrong keywords, try using googles keywordtool. Type in your title an see what words come up, an then tag them, be sure to spell them the way they are searched.

3. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Unrelated keywords come from other pages at HubPages. When someone types something in a search engine and arrives at a hub at HubPages, they sometimes look around more and then they come to your hub. But the keywords that they used might be totally unrelated to your hub. That's why you can see a lot of unrelated keywords in your Google Analytics account. HubPages itself tends to show only related keywords though.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I've had a bizarre experience, as someone searched for the death of another person, and found one of my hubs.  the person isn't dead, I know him, and he's not mentioned in my hub.  I've never figured it out.

5. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

The number of times certain words appear in the content of a hub with good links can greatly influence why the hub will show up in a search.

Often people who optimize websites will use this trick to improve search ratings for a site.

On YouTube it's called "Rick Rolling".  Usually it's a title that has little to do with the actual content of the site then repeating those words in tags.

For instance mentioning Justin Beiber even though the article or video has nothing to do with him.

The very fact that I mentioned his name in this answer actually guarantees this answer will now be indexed by Google.

But to be sure I have to say Justin Beiber again or Justin Beiber will not be indexed so high.

Are you getting it Justin Beiber?