jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does having Youtube in my hubs help me make money. Rather do I receive revenue i

1. JD Barlow profile image60
    JD Barlowposted 7 years ago

Does having Youtube in my hubs help me make money. Rather do I receive revenue if people watch...

the youtube videos?

2. onlinecashdigest profile image61
    onlinecashdigestposted 7 years ago

You only make money if someone clicks on the ads in your hub.  The youtube videos may only add traffic if you put good captions that helps pull search traffic through keywords in the captions.  So make sure you use the right keywords in your hub text and video captions.

People watching your videos does not generate any revenue for you, but it helps in making them stay on your hub longer thus the possibility of them clicking on the ads is higher.

3. Harry Santos profile image54
    Harry Santosposted 7 years ago

Videos can add to the quality of the hub most especially if it's related to what you're writing about. But ideally, you don't get any revenue from the videos. All revenue comes from ad clicks and impressions.

I use videos all the time though. It adds to the content. Like, I always think, if I'm surfing looking for something, there are times when I don't really want to read that much so I'd prefer watching videos sometimes. Maybe there are surfers out there who are like that. This gives them more time in your hub and spend more time looking around at links they might find interesting.

4. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

People only receive money from YouTube videos which are featured videos on YouTube or for people who are YouTube partners... and putting those kinds of video links to a HubPage will likely cause the Hub to be unlisted as self promotional if they are your own videos.

Closed to reply