jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does anyone have any tips for a new person on Hubpages?

1. sarclair profile image79
    sarclairposted 7 years ago

Does anyone have any tips for a new person on Hubpages?

I woud be thankful for any tips, and I am sure other newbies would be as well. I have no clue about the Hubpages, other than, you can have fun writing, and reading what others write.Oh, and I understand that, by reading other posts, I may make a few cents. Thanks in advance for your pointers smile

2. sarclair profile image79
    sarclairposted 7 years ago

Correction on the above : I meant, by writing.....Not " reading other posts..."

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

my only advise would be write what you honesty believe. politicaly corectiveness is not something you should worry about but instead writing about what is true to your heart.

4. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Actively participate in the whole site - read and rate others hubs, leave comments, reply to comments on your hubs.

Make use of the forums - if only to pass the time in the Sandpit smile

Always aim to write the best hubs that you're capable of. Never plagiarize or reproduce the work of others (about the same I guess). If writing for pleasure make sure your hubs are info rich and engaging for the reader.

Equally if you're here to earn money - learn how to at least do the basics of SEO - search engine optimization, which is the founding principle of being successful as a writer online.

There's plenty of reading material - both on the site (written by HubPages) and from Hubbers.

Most of all enjoy yourself. It's a great site to be a member of and I'm sure you'll learn the ropes in no time at all smile

5. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 7 years ago

Go to the learning center as well as participating on other parts of the site. LC is great for new hubbers.

Closed to reply

working