jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Google analytics help

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Does anyone know how to set up a google analytics channel to monitor a tag or a subject group.

I have been trying unsuccessfully.

I don't really want to monitor 200 individual hubs, but I sure would like to do a group or tag.

2. makemoneyonline profile image54
    makemoneyonlineposted 9 years ago

I don't think you can.

3. Mark Knowles profile image60

I was coming to the same conclusion, but was hoping someone might have a creative solution.

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Nope, it isn't possible.  I think you mean google adsense channel though.

5. Mark Knowles profile image60

You are quite right, that is what I meant to say. big_smile thanks.

Is it possible to work a way around this?

6. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

If I may smile

I think this cannot be done with url channels, cause hubs urls differ from groups or tags.

I think it theoretically possible to implement this with custom channels, but this will require serious code changes, and introduce one more point of user error...

I think this can be implemented if there is enough demand for it, though.

And no, I don't see any workaround.

7. Mark Knowles profile image60

Thanks Misha.

Custom channels at google's end or here?

I would seriously like to do this - for obvious reasons, but mostly because I don't want that many channels

8. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

On both ends smile

You set custom channels up on Google end, and then you have to embed the channel id into the code of particular ad on your site. And to be able to do this you need programming changes on HP side. Depending on how code is written, it could be a snap or it could be a complete overhaul...

9. Mark Knowles profile image60

OK, thanks all.

10. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

It's something we've long considered, but features that provide more broad and tangible benefit have always won out.  It wouldn't be terribly hard to provide it for adsense, but if in the future we decide to offer more ad providers it would be considerably harder to provide "universal tracking" across them.

My suggestion would be to just use URL channels to track a few of the hubs in a group.  That will give you a pretty good idea of what kind of CPM and click through that content is producing, and then you can just extrapolate from there based on traffic.

With all the confusion that our URL Tracker program seems to generate, I wouldn't want to be the one that has to explain universal channels if we did add it smile

11. Mark Knowles profile image60

Thanks Paul,

Although, while I have you here so to speak.... I have already done as you suggested but I have some pretty massive variations from hub to hub in the same category - that's why I was hoping to do it this way so I could get an average across the board instead of tracking them individually.

Kind of like your estimated earnings on the URL trackers big_smile

But if it is possible in the future I would certainly appreciate being able to watch a group instead.

And don't worry - Misha or darkside will explain it. big_smile

12. Jerrico Usher profile image57
    Jerrico Usherposted 9 years ago

paul any word on the youtube adsense modules? can we add them? and how long till we know about if yahoo ads will be a feesible addition?

working