Stats Disabled

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 96 discussions (135 posts)
  1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 14 years ago

You may have noticed that the stats button on your hub now says "stats disabled" and that your total hubs views are not moving up.  We had a hardware failure on one the servers that we use to record and process the millions of views we get a day.  We are working to restore the stats, but it may take a day or so to get things back to normal.

Please bear with us.  Other than stat related services the site should be functioning normally.  If you haven't already, this might be a good time to sign up for Google Analytics.  Analytics will provide you with an even more comprehensive set of stats than we offer.

1. elayne001 profile image78
      elayne001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gee - I'm glad I checked the forums 'cause I thought I was stuck at the same number all day and wondered if there were any readers out there. Thanks for the info.

2. James A Watkins profile image86
      James A Watkinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the answer.

3. Drew Breezzy profile image61
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks I was perplexed

4. bayareagreatthing profile image59
      bayareagreatthingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info- it started last Friday- it must be a big issue!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's when I started so much updating. I need to do it monthly.

5. starme77 profile image78
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Any idea when the stats pages eill be working? Hate to be bugging - but just wondering - thanks

6. junk4rufus profile image58
      junk4rufusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

7. BaliMermaid profile image58
      BaliMermaidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dear Mr. Deeds,

Are all aspects of the statistics back to normal?  If not what is still not correct and when might we expect the system to be back to "normal".

If you feel that everything is back to normal, I would like to ask if anything was lost in the way of data. The reason I ask is because just before the statistics locked up / the hardware failed, or what ever caused the problem, my total hubvisits were approximately 3,750 visits short of 1,000,000 visits.

I have enjoyed hubpages for over 14 months and having watched others celebrate reaching, and receiving a milestone medal for such a feat, I was also anxiously anticipating reaching this milestone of my own.

Unfortunately reaching my 1,000,000 visitor milestone seems to have disappeared into a black hole.  I have searched for more hours than is reasonable in the milestones listing and cannot find my milestone listed, even though my total visits are now well over 1,000,000 total visits.

I would appreciate knowing if my milestone was noted, as others have been. If it was may I ask, where I can find information on this milestone.

Thank you,
      Balimermaid

pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All aspects of the statistic are back to normal.  Milestones are distributed periodically (not instantly).  I see your 1,000,000 visit milestone here (4 times in fact, which was caused by a different issue):

http://hubpages.com/profile/BaliMermaid/hubtivity

2. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the info update Paul. smile

3. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

BUMP for all that need it! smile

Thanks Paul.

4. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Thanks Paul.

5. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I did notice...and thanks for letting us know what happened.  smile

6. archdaw profile image59
    archdawposted 14 years ago

I thought I got banned again!!!  THanks.

7. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Good luck!

I'll send over some coffee.. wink

8. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

I miss seeing my traffic sources though hubpages.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2116/2061145965_7a33da5dee.jpg
    Come back Soon!
    ~thranax~

1. RedElf profile image88
      RedElfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh! Such big sad eyes... poor thranax sad

I know how you feel - if Analytics goes down I have a bad day too!

Nelle Hoxie was recommending chocolate cupcakes with peppermint sprinkles for sad feelings - someone else was touting a stiff drink - maybe try both?

Feel better soon smile

9. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Google analytics says its not receiving any data for tracking...Hmmmm

10. Susan Ng profile image82
    Susan Ngposted 14 years ago

Google Analytics is a bit too much for my poor brain to process.  Tried it once and didn't understand anything. sad

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol same here , everynow n then I look at my account and get this glazed look on my face lol

2. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here. Mine never works. I dont understand how to make it work, so i stopped trying. Always reads zero everything while i still get traffic.

11. Rebecca E. profile image77
    Rebecca E.posted 14 years ago

thanks for the info, and google analytics isn't running to great either.
    As of right now stats are still disabled.

12. Gennifer profile image54
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I've noticed... thanks for explanation...

13. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

I'm totally unimpressed with Google Analytics as well.  'Course, I'm the next thing to a full blown Luddite--still prefer and use Works over Word--so consider the source.

Appreciate the update, Paul.  Had just now noticed the Disablementarianism (maybe a new faith for the Religion forums,  that could be?).  Figure it'll keep me from spending all that late-night time figuring out which Hub just jumped into view on Google.  Maybe make it to bed by 1:00 a.m. for a change...lol

14. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

Will it be updatin' me swag once it be fixed, matey? Arrrr!

15. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

Quick update, we've re-enabled the stats buttons, but the data that is displayed stops on September 8th.  The day, week, month, and total views for your articles will remain stalled for now.   We hope to get the rest of the data back online and regular hourly processing back to normal soon.  We'll post another update when we have some news.

1. profile image0
      mdawson17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Paul I see the stats are still down; just checking to see if their has been any updates of correction for this morning?

16. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Darn I do my own daily update at this time to see in more detail my traffic. There is no way I can do this today with the figures showing. Will all the data be restored or will this be left as it is now?

17. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Mr P Deeds - can you please stall my stats? I quite like the 36-27-36 I'm currently at. Thanks in advance smile

Joking. Thanks for the update.

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image59
      Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like what my stat's say too,..I really thought I was having a good day,...Oh well,..At least I know what it feels like to have a good day,...hehe

2. maven101 profile image71
      maven101posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like those kind of stats..

18. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking that there was a traffic jam on the super information highway. Also thanks for asking that question helen, I was wondering that too.

19. Treasured Pasts profile image71
    Treasured Pastsposted 14 years ago

Thank goodness. I thought I ticked everybody off!

20. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 14 years ago

Whew!  I thought it was me.  Thanks for the heads up! Will our stats be retroactive from when they stalled, or do we just start from here?

21. BaliMermaid profile image58
    BaliMermaidposted 14 years ago

Just my luck - with only 3,500 page views to go for 1,000,000 total views.

22. shamelabboush profile image51
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

That's great, thanks Paul.

23. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

BUMP AGAIN...

24. emievil profile image66
    emievilposted 14 years ago

*bump* my statistics are still down sad. any update, anybody?

25. vancouver profile image39
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

looks like the hubchallenges are being taken seriously by many smile

26. Song-Bird profile image68
    Song-Birdposted 14 years ago

Good to know...I didn't know what to think.

27. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the explanation here, Paul!

Now I know what's gone wrong.

28. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

*bump*

For those that are clooless as to why stats aren't working smile

29. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Maybe my adsense figures are wrong too lol and the zero is missing something in front

30. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

That's why I was wondering that why latest hub published is not showing any visits.

31. Jerilee Wei profile image69
    Jerilee Weiposted 14 years ago

I may be a little insecure not being able to watch stats and interpet them -- however, it's all worth it in my opinion -- because I'm absolutely loving the new email digest feature.  Much saner and better way to keep up with favorite hubbers' latest published than individual emails.

32. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Sounds like a stressful Monday for the hubpages team! Hoep you get it sorted OK.

33. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

Thanks for the info Paul, but I too am curious as to if the missing data will be lost, or if the stats will simply begin counting from where they are right now.

34. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

In light of the problems should we wait to post new hubs since we might not see the correct stats or get any stats for them or should we go with it and post away.

We are still collecting the raw page view data, we just haven't been able to start processing it again.  So go ahead and published hubs.

35. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

No worries, I knew something was going on internally and you guys would correct ASAP thank you for always being ahead of the game. smile

36. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

Quick update, we are anxiously awaiting delivery of a replacement RAID card (hard drive controller) for the problematic server.

If that server can't be brought back online today, we'll shift processing to another server and resume regular stat updates.  However, if we take that approach there will be about an 11 day gap in the stats (from 9/8 to 9/19).  Most likely, we'll be able to fill that gap back in later this week.

This stat processing problem has no affect on AdSense or the actual traffic that your hubs receive.

1. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sounds scary but I know all of you have it under control as always, this means that our hub scores will fluctuate it was great being at a 100 for a little while. lololo ((Big Hugs)) you guys are doing a terrific job! I am looking forward to another 2 years. smile

37. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

You guys are awesome as always!!!!!

38. tdarby profile image59
    tdarbyposted 14 years ago

My RAID went down once--hurt a lot.  Good luck over there in HubLand.

39. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 14 years ago

I might sound anxious, but are we going to see the page views for the days that we missed, or are they lost forever?  If they are lost forever, what happens to the new hub page views?  In other words if we submit new hubs, will we ever know how many page views that we got in the beginning days of the new hub?  You might have answered this before, but I didn't understand it.  Thanks, sorry for being so annoying.

The views from Saturday onward are definitely safe - they just haven't been processed.  At this point there is still a slim chance that about 10 days worth of page view data was lost, but the most likely scenario is that we lost about 30 minutes worth (while the main server was down and before the backup was brought online).

The new RAID card has been installed, and we should be on our way back to normal tomorrow.  It may take a little time to catch up (it takes 10-15 minutes to process each hour worth of data and we will be 3-4 days behind at that point).

1. thevoice profile image61
        thevoiceposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      2. LiamBean profile image79
        LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whodathunk we thought so much of those stats.

By the way, RAID stands for "Redundant Array of (Independent) Inexpensive Disks." The idea is to have more than one disc with the same information on it. With three or more the likelihood of losing anything is remote to nearly impossible...as long as there's power of course.

Just something else you can thank HubPages for. See, they take our work seriously enough to have backups of the backups.

3. emievil profile image66
        emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Er, does this include number of fans? My profile states 204 fans but my posts here in the forums show 207 fans. So I go with my forum posts but well, what if the profile number is the right one smile?

40. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

Thanks for the information Paul!!

41. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Ditto on Fastfreta's questions!

42. Laura45 profile image61
    Laura45posted 14 years ago

Thank you for the hard work and the status deliveries!

43. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

Thanks

44. lakeerieartists profile image62
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the update.  I was wondering why the numbers weren't changing.  It only took me a few days to realize that there was something going on.  Duh!

45. blaise25 profile image73
    blaise25posted 14 years ago

thanks for letting us know Paul ;p

46. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Thanks, Paul.  Now all I need to do is get FedEx to find my wife's new mattress as quickly as you guys fixed this glitch!  lol

1. Helen Cater profile image60
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are funny. I hope you find it soon.

47. dingdong profile image57
    dingdongposted 14 years ago

That's good to know.

48. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Hey Paul my author score in one of my hubs that I published that coincided with this sort of a glitch is stucked at 50 to 52, will this increase when the problem is over hehehe...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I just made a post to one of HubPages staff... Good day Sir...

49. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

Thank You Sir!

50. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

THANK YOU for that information! I was in the process of updating my Hubs with additional information, better visual arrangements, and better images, and thought I had overloaded something and would be sanctioned. Shows how little I know about computer networks and systems. Thanks for the update.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)