jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Making Money Online

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 8 years ago

Do you intend to make internet your primary source of income? How do you see your chances of success in doing so or you are already making a residual income on the web?

1. Aqua profile image84
      Aquaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I would like to. I think my chances are good - I'm not out to make millions or anything. I write here on HP and for other sites as well. I think diversification is key. I actually just rediscovered HP after a pretty long hiatus and it's been fun getting reacquainted with the site.

2. mommyfreelancer profile image82
    mommyfreelancerposted 8 years ago

I'd like to be able to work from home full time. Working from the internet seems a viable alternative. I earn a steady income from some of my writing gigs but it's not comparable to what I earn from my job. Perhaps someday...

Ultimate Hubberposted 8 years agoin reply to this

How do you see your chances of making reasonable income online?

1. mommyfreelancer profile image82
        mommyfreelancerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There was a time when I earned thousands of dollars monthly, but I contracted mild pneumonia from sleeping very late smile That was when I wrote from around midnight onwards. I had this idea that if I put in the hours, get many clients and write a lot, I can earn a lot. But that will be too tedious, and my friend once told me that I only have 10 fingers so there really is a limit to what I can do. I am hoping that Hubpages will be one of my potential sources. smile

3. LVM profile image60
    LVMposted 8 years ago

I don't think I would be able to make enough money on the web to entirely depend on it.  But I'm already earning enough to pay my electric bill.

4. emievil profile image81
    emievilposted 8 years ago

I'm making residual income from online writing jobs but like mommyfreelancer, my day job is still my bread and butter. But I would really like to make the internet my primary source of income. Perhaps two to three years from now, I can make this dream a reality.

What about you UH?

Yes I intend to make it a source of income, a big one. It has got huge potential. Currently I am not earning enough from it to entirely depend on it but thanx to my dad who left enough money and investments that I don't have to do anything and can concentrate on succeeding in making big money online. I have plans, maybe a couple of years from now and I will have done it.

1. emievil profile image81
        emievilposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Hmmmmm, you just gave me something to think about. My husband and I were just discussing if I can fully concentrate on generating online earnings. Right now, it is not feasible. But if I manage to unload some of my day job and we have savings on the side, maybe I can follow your lead and get my income here. And yes, I think I have a great potential of earning much money here.

Yups, you are thinking on the right lines. Potential is there. Think of an idea. Once you have an idea, quit your day job to concentrate on it. Till you get the win-win idea, do some savings.

1. emievil profile image81
            emievilposted 8 years agoin reply to this

smile thanks UH.

5. spuds profile image61
    spudsposted 8 years ago

That is the dream. A long way from achieving it though.

6. profile image43
    badcompany99posted 8 years ago

Like the fellow hubber above my Hubs pay my quarterly Electric Bill but I enjoy writing and my Bill gets paid and if it grows over the years then I can throw in my heating oil bill, I wish you luck UH !

Thanx BC!

7. charanjeet kaur profile image61
    charanjeet kaurposted 8 years ago

This is a great hobby which i love and the best part is i can choose which colleagues i want to interact with in this online world isnt that fun. I am seeing the investment made in hubpages as a savings accnt which i will enjoy when i retire lol... I do not have the time to explore the full potential of earning online so this money sure is not leaving my current job.

You don't need to spare some time to explore the earning potential of the internet. Just as you come to these forums or write hubs, you will keep on exploring new avenues of earning online.

8. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 8 years ago

I have a full time job and only use the internet to make extra income to pay bills, food, childcare, etc.  I do not want to have an extra job because it takes away from being with my family even more.  I will say if I could make a good living just by working from home then I would work from home full time.

working