jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Making Money Online. Is It Legit?

1. Usama Zeki profile image60
    Usama Zekiposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Making Money Online. Is It Legit? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi there,

There is a lot wrong with your article.

It's badly formatted. Your text is all over the place and there is too much white space.

You images are poor quality and look like they've been lifted from the web. Have you permission to use them on a commercial site like HubPages?

Lose the link, which isn't really a link, but get rid of it.

Sentences should always begin with a capital letter.

There are a few grammatical errors and some random capitalisation.

The content comes across as spammy. You say you've tried some of these ways of making money, but I'm not convinced. If you were successful, you wouldn't be here writing about it, would you?

Spend some time at the Learning Center if you are serious about writing here: https://hubpageshelp.com/

Hope that helps.

Usama Zekiposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks
        But I don't see anything that relates being succesful there and writing an article about my experience here.
        but i took every thing in consideration, I hope you read it again in a shourt while
        Thanks again
        Usama

2. Ryan Cornelius profile image60
    Ryan Corneliusposted 4 weeks ago

Check out the articles I have written. The thing I quickly learned about that process is that it has to be something unique.

3. pen promulgates profile image40
    pen promulgatesposted 4 weeks ago

Hello Usama

Welcome to HP
    You are able to write engaging content. That's a good thing.
    I see there is much potential in you, but I also see areas of improvement.

Here are my observations:
    Do not outlink Fiverr. Interested people can Google up and find it. Besides, the link doesn't work. It may also be deemed promotional and spammy.

Your writing can become a little easier than it is now. For example, this sentence,
    There are several ways to earn money online, I'll try listing some of that I personally tried and write in brief what gained from it, but I can't list all of the ways you can can make money as it will take a whole day to do that.
    Can be rewritten in a more understandable manner. All I can advise is, don't keep sentences too long.
    Mind it, the word can is repeated twice.

Grammar issues:
    But unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to explore and experience it depth but maybe in a future article.
    Before the word depth, I believe there should be the preposition 'in'
    There are more errors like this smile

Punctuation problems:
    'I think it's pretty self explanatory, but I should warn you from scammers, read a lot about how to differentiate between one and an ordinary customer, the first time I tried selling something I got two Scammers buying the laptop I tried to sell , wait no, three!'
    There should be a period after scammers.
    In the sentence 'between one and an ordinary customer' Nouns don't relate with each other.
    Simply say 'read a lot about how to differentiate between a scammer (or fraud) and a potential buyer'

There are punctuation errors throughout making the sentences long and resulting in run-on and comma splice sentences.

Hope these help
    Good luck.

Usama Zekiposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

This helped alot,
      I hope you read my article again soon.
      i took everything in consideration and got back and adjusted everything you pointed out.

4. kannanwrites profile image92
    kannanwritesposted 4 weeks ago

Remove the first image that comes as spammy.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 weeks ago

I think you need to make your topic more specific,  There at least 30 general ways to make money online and 100s of specific sites.  It is not clear why you chose those ones.  If it is due to personal experience you should give more details.

working