jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does hubpages ever make exceptions to maximum 2 links to any one site rule?

1. nakmeister profile image80
    nakmeisterposted 7 years ago

Does hubpages ever make exceptions to maximum 2 links to any one site rule?

I am wanting to do a hub about a non-commercial site (bbc.co.uk) which I am not in any way affiliated to.

2. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Yes, that is okay. I will quote from http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional :

"Links to well-known Web resources which you don't have any personal interest in (like Wikipedia, news sites, encyclopedias, open directories, etc.) are exempt from this limitation."

3. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 7 years ago

not sure - BBC may be ok, but better check first - just because it's non-commercial doesn't mean it's ok - when i asked, it seemed like they had a list of approved sites. makes sense, since otherwise they'd have to vet every site that's proposed.

4. CDL Career Coach profile image73
    CDL Career Coachposted 7 years ago

Outbound links from non-commercial hubs would get more scrutiny not less I'm thinking.  There is a rule about any "promotional" hubs have to be set for commercial and high advertising.

Either way, BBC is the kind of authority site that should be allowed to have more than one link to it.  You could also try to google similar sites so you can diversify where you are linking.

working