jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What's up with the 'no more than two links per page' rule?

1. RighterOne profile image60
    RighterOneposted 6 years ago

What's up with the 'no more than two links per page' rule?

Who can give us the best explanation of the logic behind this rule?

2. somethgblue profile image86
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

The logic is known as censorship, and can be effective. You can offer more links inside the content of your articles, but one must use a variety of sources and no more than two links to one site.

Is there a logic behind Hub scores and ratings, none that make sense to me. So use what is given and write to engage, create an atmosphere of research and force folks to ponder and think.

Having read your hubs, you are definitely on the right track!

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

I'm guessing you're referring to the rule regarding outbound links leading to one specific site.  I've never asked "why", but it seems like a pretty logical rule to me, especially in its ability to hold down the spammers to a low roar.  Without that, Sam Spammer could easily sign up here at HP, write a Hub, and point ten thousand links toward his unrelated (but now heavily backlinked) site.

Which would possibly do Sammy Boy a bit of commercial good (until Google's algorithm figured out he was an idiot, anyway), but would do NOTHING for HubPages. 

It's a cool rule.  I like it.

4. sofs profile image81
    sofsposted 6 years ago

There is no such rule. You can have only two links leading to the same site on a hub. The number of links on a hub is actually not limited. But they could lead your traffic away. I you keep posting the same links in all your hubs it could be considered as overly promotional. Reading the FAQ  would help http://hubpages.com/faq/

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image96
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

From what I've read, advertisers don't like it if you point readers away from hubpages because people then miss their ads.  This is especially true if you link to articles outside of hubpages within your article.  I think linking to other hubs is OK, but I also think too many links within a hub can distract the reader.  This makes sense to me from a business point of view, so I try very hard to comply.

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

I'm cnfused now, too. I've seen hubs with multiple links (such as listing hubs that relate to the topic). I thought the rule was no more than two links to the SAME site.

working