jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What does the fullness of the 'Hop' button represent?

1. john.jackson profile image71
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

What does the fullness of the 'Hop' button represent?

Whilst 'hopping', I realised that the button that you press to move onto the next hub slowly, segment by segment becomes more of a faded darker blue and then suddenly fills up again. If you don't understand what I mean, check it out next time you hop. Can anyone explain this?

2. shynsly profile image57
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

I was wondering that myself, maybe it has something to do with the age or the genre of the particular hubs, or perhaps their score? I really don't know, but curious to see if anyone else does... good question!

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I know exactly what you mean.  I THINK that the hubs to be hopped are hubs by new hubbers; and that only "more experienced" folks are given the opportunity to hop hubs, but I have no idea if either of those ideas is correct.  Regardless, I think that there are only so many hubs in the "hopper" to be "hopped" at any given time, but surely, they refill as the day moves along.

4. CDL Career Coach profile image73
    CDL Career Coachposted 7 years ago

My observations are that it's totally random. At first I thought it was measuring the time you spent reading the hub, but that didn't pan out as I read some without the bar filling and skipped over some where it did fill up.

Newbies can hop hubs.  I hopped some my first day. I think it's just a matter of discovering the link in your account page.  Most of the hubs I hop appear to be just published, but many are by established hubbers so I think your hubs just go there for the first day or two after you publish them.

Hopping is to help with quality control. Voting up and down helps the new hubs get a more accurate score than word count or some other computer generated score can do.

Closed to reply

working