jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I feel that only full time writers can earn good money through hubpages.What is

1. gajanis786 profile image85
    gajanis786posted 7 years ago

I feel that only full time writers can earn good money through hubpages.What is your opinion?

May be I am wrong, but lately I have developed a feeling that their is very little chance of success for part time writers in order to earn good fortunes out of their articles because I have seen those who have larger number of hubs in shorter period of time are in good position to earn a continuous reasonable income......I will appreciate opinions from my co-writers from hubpages community.Thanks.

2. melbel profile image97
    melbelposted 7 years ago

It really depends on how well-written your hubs are and how well-researched your keywords are. There are people who have made quite a bit off of few hubs, but think about it this way --
    if you find 100 keywords that sound like they'd be good ones to profit from and you write a well-written hub for each, there's a higher chance that at least one of those hubs is going to be a good earner.

1. profile image0
      Casimiroposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think melbel makes a key point. It's kind of like the stock market. You are unlikely to make big returns on all your stocks, but one home run can make you more than all the others combined (of course most people sell too soon).

3. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

I think it depends a lot on how much a hubpages writer knows before they start here and therefore, how much time it would take up to earn a decent amount. I've found that the learning part has taken up a lot more time than actually writing. For me the writing part has definitely been part time - just a few hours per week, if that.

If you already know how to do keyword research, onpage optimisation and backlinking you've got a headstart and can focus on writing a couple of hubs per week, plus spend a few hours backlinking. In 6 months to a year, or even sooner, you should be seeing some great returns on your time *if* you've chosen topics that have high search volume and are relatively easy to rank high in the search engine results for.

For those looking for a fast track on the learning side I would recommend joining the keyword academy.

4. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I do not think that premise is even true.  I have average writing a hub every day for almost one year now on the Hub and I am not making any money to speak of...token pennies at best.  That is not my primary purpose for being here but if it were, i would be in for a great disappointment.  Unfortunately, making money on HubPages does not necessarily require that you possess any great writing skills. It becomes more a case of how much you are capable and willing to game the system by stacking every option in terms of followers, scores, activities, etc.  None of those things have anything to do with the quality of a writer's work...it simply the gamesmanship assigned to the site.  A few have figured it out and over time have made some decent money. Those really concerned with the quality of writing have little time for the game.  WB

5. naeemebrahimjee profile image73
    naeemebrahimjeeposted 5 years ago

After being here for about 10 months I have pretty much deducted the following from the writing and my stats....

I know hubs take about 6 months before they found by search engine bots (etc) so anything more recent then that I don't consider as earners.
    All my hubs have been pretty consistent with traffic and fairly low. I don't have any hubs that get crazy high views daily, and I don't really have any that get 0 views daily. (I'm getting about 200 views across all my hubs daily).

Hubs written over sixth months ago: 30
    Average earning per month now: $9.00

From this I work out each Hub I write is earning me $0.30 a month, or $0.01 a day!! I guess the more you write, the more you will potentially earn; but remember a Hub will continue to earn in the future. It is not a one time earner.

If you have 1000 hubs you could be earning $10 a day....wouldn't that be something!

working