Earn from eBay directly through HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (68 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

As you may have read in my previous forum post on the topic, eBay is going to be available to many of you shortly.  We have always cared deeply about helping Hubbers to earn, and are looking forward to seeing how this enhanced earning privilege will allow Hubbers to earn more.  We greatly appreciate the feedback you shared.  The FAQ answers most of the questions that were asked in the initial thread, from reporting questions, to what happens if you already have an eBay Partner Network account.  Many more Hubbers will now have access to the program which we think is a great opportunity for lots of you!

The process will be simple.  Sign-up for the HubPages Earnings Program (if you have not done so already) and select the “eBay Program”.  HubPages will process your program application with eBay and confirm once you are approved.  Then you can add relevant eBay capsules to your Hubs.  The program will track referrals from your Hubs that lead to transactions on eBay.  You will accrue into your HubPages Earnings Program balance from this activity, based on the amount and quality of clicks from your Hubs .

You will hear from us next week to announce that the program is open.

Please note that we've renamed the HubPages Ad Program to accommodate the eBay Program and possibly other affiliate programs down the road. The overall mechanism by which you earn and are paid by HubPages is called the HubPages Earning Program. Under the HubPages Earning Program, there are 2 programs currently: the Ad Program (HubPages Ad Program), and the eBay Program. We broke it out this way so you can see your earnings by program.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paul,

What happens for people who already have an eBay Partner account? If we select the “eBay Program” in the HubPages Earning Program, HP does not really have to process our application with eBay, as you mentioned. Can we just use the existing account?  Or do you need to process a new application for each one of us anyway?

Actually, I thought it might just be a single application under the name of HubPages. And then HP keeps track of who the funds go to. Can you elaborate on that a little just to clear up where I am wrong?

Thanks. And as usual, all the efforts you guys were doing to get this accomplished are highly appreciated.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
        mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Glenn, The answer to this is covered below, what I am confused about is the revenue split. Do HP still take 40% with Ebay too once it comes in as this will cost those of us already running EPn on our own affiliate codes a chunk of our revenue:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpeds-epn-signup

2. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
        Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Glenn Stork  From the FAQ
        I already have my own eBay affiliate ID linked on HubPages. What will happen to that?

We have heard the feedback that existing eBay Partner Network users on HubPages might not want to switch. In order to preserve eBay as an option and enable the full HubPages community, we have to move to this new approach. In early October, HubPages will begin to issue new ePN IDs for use on HubPages. For a period of approximately 30 days after launch of the new program, both your existing ePN IDs and HubPages-issued ePN IDs will work. By early November, all monetizable referrals from the HubPages website will be via HubPages’s partnership with eBay, and only HubPages-issued ePN IDs will be recognized by eBay and contribute to your earnings. To continue to earn revenue, you will need to participate in the HubPages Earnings Program and turn on the eBay Program. Your earnings then will be tracked and paid to you by HubPages (not eBay). As for the transition process itself, there will be a short additional registration form (eBay is not providing your personal account information to HubPages, so we may need to ask for information that eBay collected from you a few years ago).

Thanks Paul. It's not that easy working with eBay, is it? smile

eBay is great and we are glad to get this done.  One of the main issues we had to work through with them is how to prevent/limit fraud.  Some of the things that may appear unnecessary are largely there for this reason.  It will allow more people in and have the necessary controls to prevent abuse with this structure.

That's understandable! And it's nice to have it all under one roof. The HP Earnings Program will make it easier to track.

2. profile image53
      m2centsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Although I like Ebay, and I am an avid user of Ebay..  I find more and more people are turning to Amazon.  What types of Hub programs are there for Amazon?????

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
        ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can sign up for the Amazon affiliate program. Under "My Account", go to Earning, and from there you can sign up..

3. sidds123450 profile image61
      sidds123450posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This shows Hubpages really care for hubbers.. smile

4. profile image50
      homefellas87posted 12 years agoin reply to this

To add eBay capsule to your Hubs on HubPages, you need to sign up for the eBay Partner Network through HubPages.

Any existing ePN members who are using their own ePN affiliate code in HubPages will need to apply for an ePN code issued through HubPages before November 2011 in order to keep earning from your eBay capsules. Beginning in November the only way to earn revenue from eBay on HubPages is to sign up for the eBay Program under your HubPages Earnings Program. That is a decision made by eBay so don't blame HP for it.

2. K9keystrokes profile image83
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

I can hardly wait Paul. This is a great way to recover some revenue from Californias loss of Amazon income. I for one, appreciate the efforts the HubPages team has made regarding the issue. I Look forward to tapping into the eBay earning potential! Thanks a bunch! lol

3. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

Paul, I just went to sign up for ebay program. I rec'd this from them and I am not sure how to go about doing this. Here is one of the steps.
    Upload the file to the base directory of each of your domains that you would like to register.
    Example: If your website is www.ebay.com, your file would be located in http://www.ebay.com/ebaypartnernetworkactivation.txt.
    Visit the Verification Page when your domains are ready to be validated and click on the 'Confirm Domains' button on the Domains tab.
    Our system will look for the file and your unique identifier and confirm your domains appropriately.
    Did I do something wrong?

1. K9keystrokes profile image83
      K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Susan, I thought the program opened up next week?
      "You will hear from us next week to announce that the program is open."
      Or did I miss understand what you are attempting to do?... hmm

2. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

We are shooting to have this available near Oct 4th on HubPages.  You won't have to do any site verification.  We take care of that.

3. Glenn Stok profile image96

Just Ask Susan - You no longer need to do that. You went to eBay to sign up. Wait till next week when HP activates the new program. Then you will be able to select the eBay Program in your HP Earnings Program. You'll see that under your Earnings tab. But it's not there yet. Paul said next week.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
        Just Ask Susanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oops guess I jumped the gun. smile Thanks for the quick reply.

1. K9keystrokes profile image83
          K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

wink

2. Glenn Stok profile image96

I don't blame you one bit. wink

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

I don't think you can yet Susan, Paul says above "You will hear from us next week to announce that the program is open." So this might be why you had a problem.

Edit: Just realised everyone else had answered this already. Unfortunately their answers didn't show up until I posted this one.

1. manthy profile image61
        manthyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can't hardly wait for it to get here, I think it may help us to earn some extra money

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
        Just Ask Susanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

mistyhorizon, That happens to me all the time. Thanks for answering my post though. smile

LOL, glad it isn't just me then smile

4. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 12 years ago

Paul,

Am I correct in presuming that for those of us who have had our own eBay accounts, we will be losing any and all of the useful and detailed sales statistics that we have been currently getting from eBay and instead will just be given a blind, non-Hub-specific, daily dollar amount, like what is reported with the Hub ads?

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
      Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

At launch of the eBay Program, you will see a daily earnings summary for your account.  Over time, HubPages plans to add deeper transaction-level detail that shows activity by Hub.  We’ll keep you posted.

1. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So in a roundabout way that would be a 'no'? A daily earnings summary is not quite the same as the statistical data currently available.

Based upon the concerns I've seen related to data for HPads, I can't see the loss of stats as being pleasing to those with a direct relationship between them and Ebay.

1. lakeerieartists profile image63
          lakeerieartistsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree that this is one of the worst things about this change.  We can now tell which hub each sale comes from, and where to spend our time, and energy.

Will we at least know what is sold and from which hub?

5. celebritie profile image69
    celebritieposted 12 years ago

I just read the FAQ in the Learning Center regarding the Hubpages Earning Program and eBay, Here is the section in case anyone wanted to read it.

The HubPages Earnings Program

What is the new eBay program that HubPages has announced?

HubPages has a new partnership agreement with eBay. Starting in early October, Hubbers can join the eBay Partner Network (ePN) directly from HubPages. Most Hubbers have been unable to join eBay’s network over the past few years, so this is a new monetization opportunity for most of you. After sign-up and approval, it is as simple as adding quality eBay capsules to your Hubs. The program will track referrals from your Hubs. You will accrue into your HubPages Earnings Program balance from this activity, based on the amount and quality of clicks from your Hubs.

Who is eligible to join the eBay Partner Network?

The opportunity is available to all Hubbers with at least 1 published hub who participate in the HubPages Earnings Program. You must also be in good standing with your overall HubPages account to participate.

Can I join the eBay Partner Network without joining the HubPages Earnings Program?

No, you must be enrolled and in good standing with the HubPages Earnings Program in order to participate in the eBay Partner Network as a sub-affiliate of HubPages. You may disable the display ad portion of the HubPages Earnings Program, in the event that you would like to run the eBay Program only.

I have multiple HubPages accounts, do I need to sign-up separately in each account?

Yes. Each account is treated independently for purposes of sign-up to the eBay Partner Network.

How are earnings from the eBay Partner Network calculated?

The program will track referrals from your Hubs. You will accrue into your HubPages Earnings Program balance from this activity (based on the amount and quality of clicks from your Hubs). eBay keeps separate track of all HubPages-issued IDs that run the eBay Partner Network program. Your ePN ID will have its own “quality” score, which is based on your account activity and is not pooled with other HubPages users.

How will earnings look?

Under the “Earnings History” tab in your account, eBay clicks and earnings will be broken out every day into its own report. If you participate in both the Ad and eBay portions of the HubPages Earnings Program, your total Earned Balance will reflect the amount in aggregate across the two programs. That helps you reach $50 payout more quickly.

What reporting is offered?

At launch of the new eBay program, you will see clicks and earnings data on a daily basis. Over time, HubPages plans to add transaction-level details. We’ll keep you posted.

I already have my own eBay affiliate ID linked on HubPages. What will happen to that?

We have heard the feedback that existing eBay Partner Network users on HubPages might not want to switch. In order to preserve eBay as an option and enable the full HubPages community, we have to move to this new approach. In early October, HubPages will begin to issue new ePN IDs for use on HubPages. For a period of approximately 30 days after launch of the new program, both your existing ePN IDs and HubPages-issued ePN IDs will work. By early November, all monetizable referrals from the HubPages website will be via HubPages’s partnership with eBay, and only HubPages-issued ePN IDs will be recognized by eBay and contribute to your earnings. To continue to earn revenue, you will need to participate in the HubPages Earnings Program and turn on the eBay Program. Your earnings then will be tracked and paid to you by HubPages (not eBay). As for the transition process itself, there will be a short additional registration form (eBay is not providing your personal account information to HubPages, so we may need to ask for information that eBay collected from you a few years ago).

I already have eBay capsules published. Do I need to edit those?

No editing of existing eBay capsules will be required. HubPages will take care of all the back-end stuff to make sure that eBay capsules you have already published transition correctly, with no additional work by you.

What about open balances with eBay?

Open balances with eBay after the switch will be paid out per eBay Partner Network guidelines. For balances above $25 this will be around the 25th of the month following your last month of activity. It is our understanding that earnings less than $25 will be paid out by eBay in November/December.

eBay Program scenarios . . . see which one applies to you:

Case #1 – I am already enrolled in the HubPages Earnings Program. I would like to sign-up for the eBay Partner Network
            You will need to log-in to your HubPages Earnings Program account. Under “My Earnings Programs” you will see an option for the eBay Program. Review the disclosures, provide the required information, and submit. HubPages will send your application to eBay for approval. Once approved, any eBay capsules you create (including any eBay capsules you already have published) will begin to credit you for your referrals to eBay.

Case #2 – I am not enrolled in the HubPages Earnings Program. I would like to sign-up for the eBay Partner Network
            You will need to sign-up for a HubPages Earnings Program account. Under “My Earnings Programs” you will see the options for the Ad Program and the eBay Program. You may run the eBay Program even if you decide to disable the display advertising from the Ad Program. For the program(s) you select, review the disclosures, provide the required information, and submit. If you select eBay, HubPages will send your application to eBay for approval. Once approved, any eBay capsules will begin to credit you for your referrals to eBay.
            Note that while you do not need to participate in the Ad Program in order to participate in the eBay Program, you do need remain in good standing with both eBay and HubPages. This includes having an up-to-date account in the HubPages Earnings Program.

Case #3 – I am already enrolled in the HubPages Earnings Program. I am already part of the eBay Partner Network via my own affiliate code
            During an initial roll-out period, your personal eBay Partner Network ID will continue to work for approximately 30 days. You may switch over to the new set-up at any time during these 30 days.
            Starting in early November, all monetizable referrals from the HubPages website to eBay will be via HubPages’s partnership with eBay. Only HubPages-issued ePN IDs will be recognized by eBay and contribute to your earnings. For Hubbers who are already part of the eBay Partner Network and wish to continue monetization of eBay referrals, this new set-up will apply.
            To enable the new set-up, you will need to log-in to your HubPages Earnings Program account. Under “My Earnings Programs” you will see an option for the eBay Program. There will be a short registration process for you to do. HubPages will take care of all the back-end stuff to make sure that eBay capsules you have already published transition correctly with no additional work by you. Once everything is in place, your earnings will be tracked and paid to you by HubPages (not eBay).

Case #4 – I am not enrolled in the HubPages Earnings Program. I am already part of the eBay Partner Network
            During an initial roll-out period, your personal ePN ID will continue to work for approximately 30 days. You may switch over to the new set-up at any time during these 30 days.
            Starting in early November, all monetizable referrals from the HubPages website will be via HubPages’s partnership with eBay. Only HubPages-issued ePN IDs will be recognized by eBay and contribute to your earnings. For Hubbers who are already part of the eBay Partner Network and wish to continue monetization of eBay referrals, this new set-up will apply.
            You will need to sign-up for a HubPages Earnings Program account. Under “My Earnings Programs” you will see the options for the Ad Program and the eBay Program. You may run the eBay Program even if you decide to disable the display advertising from the Ad Program. For the program(s) you select, review the disclosures, provide the required information, and submit. HubPages will take care of all the back-end stuff to make sure that eBay capsules you have already published transition correctly with no additional work by you. Once everything is in place, your earnings will be tracked by HubPages and paid to you by HubPages (not eBay).
            Note that while you do not need to participate in the Ad Program in order to participate in the eBay Program, you do need remain in good standing with both eBay and HubPages. This includes having an up-to-date account in the HubPages Earnings Program.

Case #5 – I am already enrolled in the HubPages Earnings Network. I do not want to join the eBay Partner Network
            You do not need to take any action. The default status for the eBay Program is “off”.

6. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 12 years ago

I will be overseas for the next two months and probably unable to log on to HubPages.

What will happen to my existing eBay capsules if I'm not able to get signed up for the eBay option?  Will I just stop earning from them?

For a period of approximately 30 days after launch of the new program, your existing ePN ID will continue to work as it does currently.  By early November, only HubPages-issued ePN IDs will be recognized by eBay and contribute to earnings.  If you do not sign up to the new program by early November, your existing eBay capsules will still remain visible on your Hubs, but they will not generate earnings for you.

7. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 12 years ago

October 4th...a date to anticipate.  Thanks Paul and everyone at HubPages that has made this happen!

8. Camping with Kids profile image69
    Camping with Kidsposted 12 years ago

Perhaps I am "jumping the gun" and should wait for a month to see the "new" results, but I don't feel happy about this. My gut tells me that my original ePn account QCV will be diluted by the pooling effect of participating through HP.

My obvious question is: Why must ePn participation be through the HP program only?

It can't be due to coding issues - I'm sure HP's tech engineers are more than capable of handling this small bit of "If...then..." code that would pipe the appropriate account data through the appropriate channels.

So...

Could it be an ePn requirement? And would that mean that HP ebay accounts will be looked at differently when determining QCV?

Current ePn affiliates have their QCV determined by a formula that uses ratios related to: the number of page impressions, clicks, and revenue generated.

ebay wants quality buying traffic - not just traffic, that's why successful ePn affiliates quickly learn to send referrals that they have made as buy-ready as they can. Not just send tons of lookie-lou referrals.

The higher the click-to-buying-action ratio, further vetted by the amount of ebay revenue generated by the clicks, the higher our QCV.

So now, with earnings coming from a "group" account QCV, flooded with tons of new affiliate link pushes - that unfortunately I can't see as "buy-ready" as they should be, I fear MY traffic will be viewed as less valuable - thus reducing my QCV.

for example: a hub about pressure cooking fried chicken with an ebay capsule of generic cookbooks tossed in. A click on a link in that capsule is "most-likely" a curiosity click, a lookie-lou - not a pre-sold click. Which means it will less likely result in a sale - revenue to ebay - but it will still be counted as a click that goes towards determining the value of the traffic being sent to ebay - the account's QCV!

author added edit...
    I thought of perhaps an easier to understand analogy:
    consider a click of a current ePn affiliate as one from a mailing list of; "recent hunters that bought an expensive Winchester rifle in the Roanoke Virginia area" to a click from a mailing list of "people that live in the United States" - which one do you think is more likely to result in targeted  buying action?

Sorry for the rant, and the rambling, perhaps fuzzy explanation, but even though this is a boon for those that could not previously get in the ePn program, (I do not begrudge you your new opportunity), BUT I definitely see this as a potential slam to my ePn earnings from HP.

I hope I am wrong, but I fear I am not, and feel like it's one more thing chipping away at my base of reasons for HP participation.

GA

ps. my ebay earnings were already significantly impacted by the earlier change
    to ebay capsule requirements - so I guess this is really more of a rant against being forced into a "group-something" when I already had that "something" on my own - sort of like Obama-Care?

Camping with Kids -

As of November eBay will no longer accept ePN affiliate codes coming from HubPages that were not approved for HubPages. That's why this is being done.

To my understanding, the account QCV will not be diluted. There will be no pooling effect as you mentioned. I may be wrong, but I make that determination because the eBay Program under HP will not be pooled.  Pooling will be avoided by assigning each one of us our own unique ePN affiliate code when we apply for it via our HubPages Earnings Program.

I am pretty sure I said that correctly and I would like Paul to confirm if I said that right.

eBay will keep separate track of all HubPages-issued IDs that run the eBay Partner Network program.  Your account will have its own “quality” score, which is based on your account activity and is not pooled with other HubPages users.

1. Camping with Kids profile image69
          Camping with Kidsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate your clarification Jason, and I will trust you are correct.

Paul's initial use of the term "sub-affiliate" account indicated a pooling of all revenue to HP's account, with distribution handled by the HP hubber ebay account number.

Your explanation indicates new hubber ePn accounts will be no different than our original ePn accounts, with two exceptions; HP will be the "owned" domain that allows a hubber to meet ePn qualifications for an account, and ePn will pay HP instead of the account holders.

Sounds ok on paper, but there is still a "back-of-the-mind" concern as to the question of: if the above explanation is the reality of the deal - then why do prior ePn accounts need to be pulled under the HP account umbrella?

GA

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it would be courteous of HP to offer a more detailed explanation of why we can't keep our existing accounts,considering that most existing eBay Hubbers are long-standing members of the community.

We have to keep remembering that we are in a minority these days, and this change IS going to benefit the great majority of Hubbers.  It would just be nice to know that HP did consider its 'older' members and there are good reasons why it was impossible to take any other course.

There was a period where eBay began to cancel accounts from individuals for having offers on HubPages.  We asked them to put this on hold.  They did while we worked out this agreement.  For people that have their own eBay accounts, they will still be able to use it in other places.

HubPages had to align with eBay's policies like we do with AdSense to ensure people can still earn from them on HubPages.  Most of these policies revolve around administration and preventing/avoiding fraud.  We aren't privy to all the ways folks defraud eBay, but it's a major concern and we needed to find a way to work with them to continue the program.

I think we were largely able to find a way to continue offering eBay since we have a history of people providing high quality traffic with little issues.  The back end system we built for this gives eBay granular controls on which authors are accepted and the ability to turn off bad apples.

Hope this answers the question.

1. Camping with Kids profile image69
                Camping with Kidsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply Paul.
                I remember when ebay was canceling ePn accounts that used Hp, (among others sites also), but that seemed to subside quite awhile ago. I was never cited, and assumed, right or wrong, that it was a traffic quality issue more than a "based on HP" issue.

But it is what it is, so I will remain hopeful that all accounts under the HP umbrella will still be judged on their own performance, not on the master account performance.

GA

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

Paul, thanks for the detailed response.

I didn't know anyone had lost their eBay account because they were using eBay on HP - had I known, I would've deleted my capsules to protect my websites! But as Misty says, I wonder if that had more to do with quality, or perhaps they were people who had eBay on HubPages ONLY, which we know they didn't like.

In any case, as I said, I do recognise that the new policy is for the greater good.

Marisa - I have eBay ads on my business site AND on HubPages. They never canceled my account. I wonder if it's because I tried to confirm my HubPages subdomain as one of my sites when we were split up into subdomains. I never completed the process since eBay made it incompatible with HubPages. But I did list my HubPages subdomain in my ePN account.

I'm curious to know if those Hubbers who were deleted by eBay never tried to confirm their new subdomain URL.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Now you've got me worried, Glen, because I have never tried to confirm my sub-domain with eBay, nor have I listed it. I've still just got HubPages on there.

9. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Thanks, Paul!  I'm looking forward to opening an eBay account.

10. leahlefler profile image94
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

I'm excited for the ability to use eBay capsules in my hubs (I joined HP after eBay stopped issuing accounts to hubbers) - will the amazon capsule slowly be phased out, or will the two programs coexist?

The two programs have always existed together for those who had ePN membership. It is only those who never had it relied on Amazon alone, (and those in CA also lost Amazon recently as you know). I have to say I use both Amazon and Ebay, and make next to nothing from either of them. I rarely write sales hubs though,and these seem to be where those who were using both ebay and Amazon made money from them.

1. leahlefler profile image94
        leahleflerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was asking about amazon because of the termination of the affiliate program in California (where HP is located) due to the collection of sales tax for online retailers- I was wondering if the new site-wide eBay program was meant to eventually replace the amazon program since the amazon affiliate program has been terminated in many states. I'm currently in NY state, so it hasn't been extinguished here yet.

I have a few hubs to reconfigure if amazon is going to eventually be phased out. No big deal, but it would be nice to have a heads-up a while before it happened.

Fair enough, I just wondered if you hadn't realised that ebay had been here all along when you posted. From what I can gather HP are trying to work out some kind of alternative arrangement with Amazon, but don't know much more than I have read here in forums etc. I hope they don't use this ebay site wide intro as a prelude to phasing out Amazon altogether as that would remove a further income stream for many Hubbers who have been utilising both successfully for their sales hubs. I guess we will have to wait and see!

11. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

The opportunity to earn more is always welcome but I am concerned about affiliate programs and Panda.

It would help if Hubpages had some reliable data about what kinds of account have been hit hard recently. The main question for me is- are accounts that use affiliate progs more likely to see penalties of any kind?

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Will,

That is always going to be a difficult one to answer, I know that quality is always a term that differs from one Hubber to another.

The issue will be how does HP HQ provide us with relevant info without spammers then learning how to game the system to ensure 'quality' on HubPages.

12. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

I take your point but I reckon someone with a delicate touch could word the advice in a non controversial way.

13. wellness5 profile image61
    wellness5posted 12 years ago

For Paul. If you are so interested in helping Hubbers to earn, why are you so severe with affiliates who are also trying to earn through their affiliate links. I know lots of Hubbers who have had their hubs removed because of that.  If  a Hub has 2 or even 3 affiliate links, what is the big deal? Every Hub page is covered with ads anyway!!

14. ubanichijioke profile image74
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

Great work. Awesome job. Well appreciated!

15. pinkish profile image58
    pinkishposted 12 years ago

I can't wait to open an ebay account.. Thanks hubpages!

16. Smart Rookie profile image60
    Smart Rookieposted 12 years ago

This is really welcome news for those of us who were using Amazon exclusively and got dropped because of state nexus laws. I'm very enthusiastic about participating.

17. AliciaMarie27 profile image61
    AliciaMarie27posted 12 years ago

Awesome! I can't wait to start using eBay capsules to increase my earning potential. Thank you HubPages! smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Uh-oh...

I clicked the ebay-getting-started under earnings and this came up:

"Unfortunately, eBay has changed the terms of their affiliate program and you will not be approved unless you operate a site on it's own domain. Do not bother applying using your presence on HubPages. However, if you do run a site on your own domain, you can use this link to..."

Oh, well. Maybe someday. smile

[ If this has already been posted elsewhere, sorry about that. smile ]

1. profile image0
        Fatigmonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it starts until next week.  Not positive on that.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
          paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep, that is my understanding as well. That message sure sounded current though. Are you saying that's the message that has been there for the last several years?

2. zanaworld profile image58
      zanaworldposted 12 years ago

I did had Ebay Partner account earlier, but it got discontinued citing reason of dormancy.

I would to earn from ebay...  Hope Hubpages team make this happen for all of us....

3. profile image0
      Fatigmonposted 12 years ago

No, just the past few days.  A week or less.

4. BethanRose profile image68
      BethanRoseposted 12 years ago

I already post Ebay capsules on my Hubs, so I'm unsure as to what is happening? Does this mean that the capsules I have placed are irrelevant? Thanks

They are irrelevant unless you were already signed up as an ebay (ePN) affiliate and had entered your affiliate code in the relevant section under the 'My Earnings' tab in 'My Account'. If not they will not have made you anything, but you may as well leave them in place now as when the new system comes in this week and you sign up for it, they will begin to earn for you.

5. donotfear profile image85
      donotfearposted 12 years ago

I'm glad to hear about this because Ebay never accepted me before, then Amazon dumped me because I live in Arkansas.  So at least I'll have a better opportunity, and you bet I'll use it!!

6. Trsmd profile image57
      Trsmdposted 12 years ago

well I have taken a nice decision to switchover to HP Ebay programme.. where I am getting better returns that direct Ebay network..

7. Charity Squid profile image63
      Charity Squidposted 12 years ago

Forgive me for opening this thread again, but Paul I was wondering if you could clear up some confusion to the ebay partnership.  Some folks are saying that we get compensated for clicks only and not sales.  And some are saying we get commission from the sales plus the clicks. Or some are saying the more clicks that lead to sales the higher the earnings.  Could you please set us straight on this. Thanks in Advance!

8. profile image0
      baylanepromotionsposted 4 years ago

I am new to Hub Pages and noticed that Ebay was not an option. Is this a thing of the past or can we still use ebay?

1. AliciaC profile image94
        AliciaCposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's a thing of the past, I'm afraid. We can't earn from eBay here any more.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)