jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it OK to post quotes on an inspirational hub and attribute them to the person

1. Joe Capristo profile image86
    Joe Capristoposted 7 years ago

Is it OK to post quotes on an inspirational hub and attribute them to the person?

For example, can you post a text box with a quote and just attribute it to the person, such as Ghandi, Dr. King, Thomas Moore, Kahlil Gibran, Thoreau?  It would not be the only content on the hub, I am merely looking for short inspirational texts to break up my posts.

2. kamran210 profile image71
    kamran210posted 7 years ago

yes you can use that but i would suggest you to not overdo that ..because technically that's a copied content and copied content is not of so much worth to google...but you can quote ..For example if its a 1000 word hub then i guess you can put a quote by someone else in less than 50% woeds i guess that wont be a problem...I just think so ...hubpages do have a policy of removing unoriginal hubs so be carefull...Happy hubbing

3. Julie2 profile image61
    Julie2posted 7 years ago

If you are writing a hub and you want to use a quote that has relevance to that hub in order to make it complete, I don't think there should be a problem with you using it as long as you are giving the author of the quote credit.

4. Kwazzy profile image58
    Kwazzyposted 7 years ago

oh definitely, any credit due should be posted, it would also educate the reader on whatever it is they're reading...

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I've got a hub that is pretty much entirely quotes, and I use quotes very often, as often as possible.  Quotes are outstanding sources to verify and prove your points as valid, logical, and relevant.

6. Taleb80 profile image83
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

Quotes mostly mean: Wise words from successful people & it is very useful to add to your hub.
    I suggest keep it quotes & not paragraphs.

Closed to reply