jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Am I supposed to pay the $5 activation fee for Google Adword tool?

1. kimbrewaa profile image62
    kimbrewaaposted 7 years ago

Am I supposed to pay the $5 activation fee for Google Adword tool?

I understand that there are promotional codes and coupons out there for $75 and $100 worth of services but what about the $5? Should I pay that?

2. profile image0
    akycrawlerposted 7 years ago

The Google Adword tool is free.... Using Adwords to advertise will cost you depending on how much your ads cost to run and whether you prepay or postpay on your account.

3. kimbrewaa profile image62
    kimbrewaaposted 7 years ago

Ok so the adword tool is free but I just pay the $5 to activate the account? I only wanted to use the adword tool but I don't wanna pay $5 to activate it...I will use another tool that is FREE thanks everyone!

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

You only pay the fee if you are an advertiser/vendor using Google adsense adverts, i.e. the same adverts we get paid for when people click on them. To simply use the tool to check out the value of Keywords to use in your hubs is totally free and no fee needs to be paid.
    In simpler terms, if you are selling a product such as a food blender and you want Adsense to put it on sites like hubpages, then you pay the fee. It does not cost you, a Hubpage author anything to use the tools Google provide so that you can sell this food blender for the vendor through an advert on one of your hubs though.

You DON'T need to pay anything to activate the account. I use it often and have never paid a single cent.

working