jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Where you can get FREE royalty-free images on the net?

1. robDave profile image59
    robDaveposted 7 years ago

Where you can get FREE royalty-free images on the net?

I wonder where you get all the pictures for your hubpages. I know just sxc.hu. Are there any other sources as well?

2. peterxdunn profile image59
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

Try photobucket. When using these images it is customary to at least acknowledge from where - and from whom - that you got them under the 'creative commons agreement'. I would advise going further and adding a link to the provider's photobucket page.

1. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A large percentage of Photobucket images have been illegally copied from elsewhere, without proper attribution.  Photobucket doesn't police the site at all.

3. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Flickr.com has many good images under a Creative Commons license. You can also find images at http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/ (just provide link and attribution). That is how I have found most of my pictures.

4. gradyp profile image58
    gradypposted 7 years ago

I was about to suggest sxc.hu and another site, but they were both already mentioned.  You could also check some government sites.  Often, the images are freely available for use, Just check to make sure before you use one.

Also, remember even with the "free" places to check the TOS.  A lot of times, if you use an image, you have to have a note by the image used stating where you got it from.

5. pedrog profile image61
    pedrogposted 7 years ago

working