jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your #1 trick of the trade for an excellent HubPages experience?

1. ShannonSays profile image56
    ShannonSaysposted 7 years ago

What is your #1 trick of the trade for an excellent HubPages experience?

I'm (very) new here and I'm looking forward to learning from the best!

2. dablufox profile image53
    dablufoxposted 7 years ago

Research, research and even more research.

Ever since I have developed a laser like focus on providing value whether it be providing useful information, innovative solutions or just some witty humor the response has been extremely encouraging. More people leave comments and click my hubs up, follow me and leave fan mail.

Whatever you write about you really have to prove that your an authority on your topic, and you have to do that with the quality of your content.

Also I don't do the hard sell, you will rarely see Amazon products on my hubs unless the products are completely relevant to my content and useful and good value.

I am always on the lookout for great info that saves people money or solves very simple yet silly problems or provides some inside information on how to get a product for a special price.

This all means expending a little more effort, but the results are well worth it!

3. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

I couldn't agree more with dablufox, whose answer I voted up. You have to work hard to prove that you're a reliable authority on your topic; you just can't say things off the top of your head. Use the paper writing techniques most of us learned in school, like citing references for things you don't think are common knowledge, and all that good stuff.

I also like what dablufox had to say about staying away from the hard sell. Yes, on one level we are here to make a few extra dollars if we can; however we don't want to be so blatant about it -- this lacks class, frankly.

If one is blatantly and overly commercial I think this would hurt her claims to be a helpful, honest, writer -- its like those doctors you hear about who are bribed by the pharmaceutical companies to push their latest drug (and nobody knows what its side effects are or anything...)

4. ShannonSays profile image56
    ShannonSaysposted 7 years ago

dablufox and winged centaur~

Thanks so much for your encouragement!  I'm really looking forward to diving in here. I appreciate all you've done to help me get started.

I've enjoyed hopping over to your hubs and reading them too.

working